• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I'm sure the California safe video will be shown in response to this.

I am also fairly sure i have some pretty smart guns already. They haven't shot anybody in the time i have had them. They just sit there and keep quiet. Hell they really don't move unless i drag them where they are going. Maybe they are just lazy guns and i am not a psycho that wants to kill or rob people. Maybe that is a little to far out there though to think that no matter what its the people that have to be changed and not the damn guns.

In a semi related note i saw these on History Channel and thought great now we need common sense gourd control.
    images

jerryv

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Evansville
    In principle, it sounds great .. in reality, there'd be great potential for governmental abuse .. Don't think that bird is gonna fly.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    I have been in the wireless technology industry for 20 years, and can say with 100% certainty that you never....ever.....ever.....want to rely on any wireless technology to save your life.

Now for the more practical consideration: wireless technology evolves every three to five years. No one is going to upgrade their guns to keep up with wireless technology changes.

This is nothing but a distraction :noway:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Costs a lot, won't work when you need it, significant opportunity for abuse by an overintrusive government (flip a switch and they know where every weapon is located). The libs will love this one.

beeeman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    So you want something WIRELESS and BATTERY POWERED that will control whether the gun goes "bang" when you pull the trigger? What are you, a liberal living in a perfect liberal world?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Costs a lot, won't work when you need it, significant opportunity for abuse by an overintrusive government (flip a switch and they know where every weapon is located). The libs will love this one.

This is a very legitimate concern, but by far not the only one.
    What about hackers/pranksters?
    What happens when some numb-nuts develops a device to set off a firearm at HIS choosing. Say a proximity device that would "trigger" every firearm in a 100 yard radius?
    Why stop there? Radio signals travel far and fast. What if they go for a square mile?

You're sitting at home, or at dinner at a restaurant, or pumping gas into you car, and your gun starts going off "all by itself."

Never gonna happen. This is just BEGGING to be compromised.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I remember way back when people built devices that could change traffic signals and disguise them to look like garage door openers. So really any technology that is invented to regulate something can and will be broken around.

The recent newly announced XBOX ONE console pretty much makes it an outright challenge to the internet to break through it's new level of security that was "meant" to discourage piracy but in fact, it only makes piracy worse.

church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    Due to the infection comment posted above ill not be clicking on the link. But I think I have the gist of what's going on by the general conversation that's taking place. I do not like the idea of the government intruding on my privacy in yet another way. They don't need control of my guns via wireless device or any other device. Not to mention the fact that it just wouldn't work for multiple reasons.. I'm not "leaving my guns out to charge" for my toddler or some crook to come along and wonder off with. I think the bright, intelligent individual who came up with this needs to "recharge".. :facepalm:

Top Bottom