• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I recently purchased a 5.11 operator belt. I was looking for a belt that can quickly and easily be taken on or off. As the title of this threat says, has anyone consistently carried a gun using a 5.11 without threading the belt through the belt loops? I did a test run and it seems to secure and conceal my 19 just fine that way.

thanks

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Is your goal simply to get the gun off easily without having to unthread the belt, or is your main concern with getting the belt off?

A paddle holster makes it easy to get the gun and holster off the belt.

Why the urgent need to remove the belt completely, and what do you do with the gun once the belt is off?

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Main goal is belt on and off quickly. Reason is when I'm heading out and not going to be gone long I sometimes don't carry because I don't want to mess with getting my rig on.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Main goal is belt on and off quickly. Reason is when I'm heading out and not going to be gone long I sometimes don't carry because I don't want to mess with getting my rig on.

Again, a paddle holster would let you get the gun on and off quickly without taking off your belt. As would many models of IWB holsters with a belt clip.

If you're going to take the time to carry a gun you may as well do it with good gear worn properly. You'll be safer and more comfortable that way.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Another paddle holster vote.

I either carry OWB in a paddle holster, or IWB in a supertuck. Neither requires me to remove the belt.

Just remember, the paddle goes INSIDE the pants, no matter what photos you have seen from ignorant PR/Marketing depts at holster manufacturers. (remember PR for HK thinks the bullet goes in first in a magazine :rofl:)

Last edited:

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    If there are no pant loops to keep the belt in place, won't it and the holster just ride up when you try and draw your pistol? What's to keep them from coming up with the gun when you draw?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

So the duration of your journey determines whether or not you might need to be armed?

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Wear your gun all the time you are awake then you wouldn't have this problem. It doesn't do you any good during a home invasion if you're not wearing it at home. Problem solved.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    So the duration of your journey determines whether or not you might need to be armed?

There's yer philosophical trouble.

Wear your gun all the time you are awake then you wouldn't have this problem. It doesn't do you any good during a home invasion if you're not wearing it at home. Problem solved.

Just, no. Home is a pants free zone, in true INGOtarian fashion, if I so choose. The fact that there is an old teutonic race gun under my elbow in the remote control compartment is totally irrelevant.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I refuse to live life with a gun on my hip all the time. Home carry will never be an option for me. To each their own. Time out of the home does effect my motivation to carry, right or wrong. I do realize I can be killed leaving my home for five minutes to get toilet paper. I will admit, my motivation to carry has a lot of room for improvement. Thanks for the feedback

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Again, a paddle holster would let you get the gun on and off quickly without taking off your belt. As would many models of IWB holsters with a belt clip.

If you're going to take the time to carry a gun you may as well do it with good gear worn properly. You'll be safer and more comfortable that way.
    Huge fan of paddle holsters. They are a little tougher to conceal, but with the right clothing, it's pretty easy.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Since the closest I've got to a 5.11 belt is handling one in a store, I don't know but they seemed a little flimsy for a gun belt. If you're looking for a no-belt-loop-needed rig, maybe a fanny pack would work? You'd need two hands to draw but that would solve the belt&holster coming up in your hand issue that tyler-the-piker mentioned.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If there are no pant loops to keep the belt in place, won't it and the holster just ride up when you try and draw your pistol? What's to keep them from coming up with the gun when you draw?

That was kinda my thinking to. How does a belt even stay in place if it's not threaded through belt loops? Even without a holster I can't imagine the belt staying put and I don't think it would hold my pants up well either.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I refuse to live life with a gun on my hip all the time. Home carry will never be an option for me. To each their own. Time out of the home does effect my motivation to carry, right or wrong. I do realize I can be killed leaving my home for five minutes to get toilet paper. I will admit, my motivation to carry has a lot of room for improvement. Thanks for the feedback

Just get a VERY stiff belt and a paddle holster. When you take it off to go to the corner mart just say "bahahaha" as you go out the door and you should be fine

numbaonecoltsfan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2015
    Mooresville

I do hope you find something comfortable and get more comfortable with carrying all the time. You don't only post smoke detectors in your house while you are cooking or burning candles. I don't understand why home carry could never be an option and I would kind of like to hear why that is. There are tons of nice holsters out there that make carrying quite comfortable and living life with a gun on your hip no more inconvenient than stuffing your wallet and phone in your pocket.
    I hope this doesn't come off as lecture or preaching I am just curious of this mindset.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Paddle holster, any number of kydex/metal clipped IWB holsters, or a j-frame to drop in your pocket.

An exterior belt needs belt keepers, ie attachment to the inner belt, or it will migrate as you move and it will not provide a stable base for drawing.

Top Bottom