• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    I'm one of those people that wears pants for 2-3 days at a time, don't know why, just how I am. Why not leave a pair of jeans set up with a holster and gun belt with all of your stuff on it, then when you leave the house drop the shorts or sweats and pull the jeans on. Boom, everything you need is on your pants.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I do hope you find something comfortable and get more comfortable with carrying all the time. You don't only post smoke detectors in your house while you are cooking or burning candles. I don't understand why home carry could never be an option and I would kind of like to hear why that is. There are tons of nice holsters out there that make carrying quite comfortable and living life with a gun on your hip no more inconvenient than stuffing your wallet and phone in your pocket.
    I hope this doesn't come off as lecture or preaching I am just curious of this mindset.

You good man. I have a toddler who loves to rough house etc. I'm always up and down on the floor, wrestling etc. Also, in my opinion life is way to short not to be as comfortable as possible and relaxed while at home. The most comfortable rig pales in comparison to a thong, I mean basketball shorts and a t-shirt. Hahahha. Just my view. Everyone has their own race to run.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I'm one of those people that wears pants for 2-3 days at a time, don't know why, just how I am. Why not leave a pair of jeans set up with a holster and gun belt with all of your stuff on it, then when you leave the house drop the shorts or sweats and pull the jeans on. Boom, everything you need is on your pants.

great idea man. I"m going to do this. Thanks

numbaonecoltsfan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2015
    Mooresville
    You good man. I have a toddler who loves to rough house etc. I'm always up and down on the floor, wrestling etc. Also, in my opinion life is way to short not to be as comfortable as possible and relaxed while at home. The most comfortable rig pales in comparison to a thong, I mean basketball shorts and a t-shirt. Hahahha. Just my view. Everyone has their own race to run.

Fair enough. My four year old has bumped her head on my gun a couple times. Just enough to annoy her.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC

Ha! Got ya both beat! I have 5 curtain climbers! I've pretty much always carried when out and at home. I cannot imagine the life of guilt should I not be capable of protecting my family well. I rough house and play and monkey bars and swings and everything else. I'm active. I run and sprint and jump and hop. I'm a mobile jungle gym that gets climbed on daily (solid gun belts make good steps to ride standing on my back) and all of this while carrying concealed. I'll give you no room for an excuse not to carry. A real man is a leader, a lover, a provider and a protector. Nothing in there about being comfortable. Buy you a shield for a next to nothing price and remain prepared.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Since the closest I've got to a 5.11 belt is handling one in a store, I don't know but they seemed a little flimsy for a gun belt. If you're looking for a no-belt-loop-needed rig, maybe a fanny pack would work? You'd need two hands to draw but that would solve the belt&holster coming up in your hand issue that tyler-the-piker mentioned.

Stay away from the 5.11 belts. I had one, and within 6 weeks, it was scratched all to hell from my metal clips on my Supertuck. It was plenty stiff and worked well, just the finish was WAY too easy to scratch IMHO. I've had a BioBelt for over a year and it still looks good as new. And only a few bucks more than a 5.11.

Ha! Got ya both beat! I have 5 curtain climbers! I've pretty much always carried when out and at home. I cannot imagine the life of guilt should I not be capable of protecting my family well. I rough house and play and monkey bars and swings and everything else. I'm active. I run and sprint and jump and hop. I'm a mobile jungle gym that gets climbed on daily (solid gun belts make good steps to ride standing on my back) and all of this while carrying concealed. I'll give you no room for an excuse not to carry. A real man is a leader, a lover, a provider and a protector. Nothing in there about being comfortable. Buy you a shield for a next to nothing price and remain prepared.

5!??!?!? You DO know what causes them, right? :):

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Deployments?

Ooooh, that? Ha! That's too much fun to quit!

On topic...a bit: My oldest just earned his ARC lifeguarding certification (just turned 15) and I couldn't be more proud. He's got his first little certificate of training completion that says he's not gonna be a leach on those around him when things go awry. My family is safer as is everyone around us.

Top Bottom