• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So after a clear and concise demonstration that Gary Indiana may not always be the safest place to my employer, I was told officially from upper upper management that even having a dog in the car would expose our company to potential liability and that wont work. Ok then I received an email from direct supervisor that off the record if he were in a positon to have to defend his life he would be concerned about little else other than reloading if needed to stop the threat! He also said our company has a lot of other policies that are not adhered to. At no time did I suggest that I wanted to carry a firearm. i elected to remain silent on the subject. Morally my companies upper management has clearly stated that you know you saftey is important above all else, just do not do any thing against company policy nor will we do anything to provide a safer enviroment for your to work in. Oh but by the way we just installed a system that requires a key fob to gain entry at two points and the reception area is now fitted with although not obvious bullet resistant glass and by the way the exterior windows are in the process of being replaced with bullet resistant glass as well for the safety of the staff in the building. That works great for me since I am in the field. far removed from the safety of the office.

Sorry to ramble. So here is my question I have decided to carry when in questionable areas. I have tried iwb and just cant make it work I need the ultimate in conceallment and was wondering about a holster ts shirt? Any one have any thoughts or ideas on these or other methods of carry?

If it makes a difference my choice of carry guns are the following Beretta 92 Ruger SR1911 or a Bersa 380 please no caliber comments bu at this point it my honest heart felt belief that any gun regardless is better than none at all. The only reason I have advised of the choices is so someone may be able to help wiht how they carry any of the abvove. Also would you consider an ankle holster?

Thank you

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Are you employed by a company that is exempt from the handgun in car law? I ask because you mentioned the example having a dog in the car.

Either way, it sounds like you really want to have it on your person, which is understandable.

I would second the Bersa .380; it's slim and fairly easily concealed IWB once you get used to it.

As you alluded, a .22 in your pocket beats a .45 in the nightstand back home every time.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Are you employed by a company that is exempt from the handgun in car law? I ask because you mentioned the example having a dog in the car.

Either way, it sounds like you really want to have it on your person, which is understandable.

I would second the Bersa .380; it's slim and fairly easily concealed IWB once you get used to it.

As you alluded, a .22 in your pocket beats a .45 in the nightstand back home every time.
    Since the car is a company lease car they don't own the car so I am not sure?

With iwb am I doing something wrong? I have always carried owb thin tshirt tucked in then an oversized tshirt untucked over it. I have looked in to recommendations that say go for 2 sizes to big in the waist. Would that not cause the extra material to bunch up around your waist and have to tighten your belt down more than normal? If it matters I am 6ft about 180 pounds.

Thanks

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Buy slightly bigger pants, a good belt, and carry iwb. I only say this because you decided you were gonna carry regardless. The other two are too big and won't work. You could try ankle carry I guess.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Whbt type of pants do you wear at work. My keltec p-32 disappears in my front pant pocket with a simplle leather holster.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Go get a Ruger LCP or Kel-Tec. Put it in a Crossbreed Mini-Tuck. You can wear pretty much anything with that setup and nobody will ever see.

I got my wife one of the 5.11 holster shirts for jogging. It holds it tightly against you so it doesn't bounce around. It is difficult to draw, but better than nothing. I looked long and hard and never found any other shirt that looked decent at all. 5.11 appears to be the only company that make quality holster shirts. They are a compression Tek material with well placed padding and support that goes over your shoulders. All the others looked like some dude made them out of old t-shirts in his garage.

Or you could start carrying a man purse.

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    A little Keltec .380 in your front pocket will not be seen unless you have on tight pants.

mwg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    east side indy

I agree

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    When I did IT work I carried a full sized 1911 in a Thunderwear set up. I worked there for two years, crawled around under peoples' desk hooking up cables and what not and never once got made. Trust me, even if they notice a little bulge "down there" they ain't going to ask about it. Just remember to leave your belt a bit loose so you can access it when you need to. Also be aware not all body types and pants combinations will work with this.

Thunderwear: Holsters Gun Holsters

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I carry a full size FNP-9 in a Crossbreed Supertuck while working. I meet with customers daily, some of whom would be terrified to know I was carrying. Most would approve. I wear either jeans or khaki's, and typically a polo style shirt, tucked in. With this IWB holster, the weapon disappears. The only thing showing are two clips on my belt. This might be too much showing for your situation. If so, get a smaller weapon (Ruger LCP) and a pocket holster. It will absolutely disappear in those pants.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    I had a .380 similar to a Ruger LCP (which I have long since gotten rid of) that when in a DeSantis Nemesis holster made for the Ruger simply looked like a cell phone or wallet in my front pocket. The .380 isn't a bad round either, al things considered. I'd try the Bersa in several holsters with pants you normally wear to find one that blends in.

vstrom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Elkhart
    I have tried several different IWB holsters and I just could not get used to the wad of gun/holster stuffed into my pants. That is until I bought a kydex appendix holster. I can now comfortably carry my P220 or my PPQ. I normally wear camp shirts so there is absolutely no printing.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I'm kind of in the same boat, driving a company-leased car with a very strict no weapons policy. I had a former manager who would tell us the policy, then follow immediately by saying "and I will never inspect your car." Retired Air Force senior NCO, good guy. Our boss now is bit of a lib, so not even going there. I have directed my wife to sue the bejesus out of the company for disarming me if something untoward happens to me on the job, LOL.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    ...I have directed my wife to sue the bejesus out of the company for disarming me if something untoward happens to me on the job, LOL.

This seems to be a popular INGO sentiment. Does anyone know of any precedent where such a suit has been filed and the plaintiff prevailed? Call me skeptical.

Last edited:

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I have tried iwb and just cant make it work I need the ultimate in conceallment and was wondering about a holster ts shirt? Any one have any thoughts or ideas on these or other methods of carry?

I have seen a CC contraption that goes on around your waist, and the gun is holstered where your twig and berries are. That's probably the safest place in a work environment. If anyone tries to grab you there, you can sue for sexual harassment. I do not know how well the contraption actually works, or whether it's comfortable. I'm guessing you wouldn't want to use the urinal.

You may want to think about situations where someone might put his arm around your shoulders or give you a hug. (Not sure whether that happens at your work.) Carrying under the armpit may be out.

Top Bottom