• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I'm kind of in the same boat, driving a company-leased car with a very strict no weapons policy. I had a former manager who would tell us the policy, then follow immediately by saying "and I will never inspect your car." Retired Air Force senior NCO, good guy. Our boss now is bit of a lib, so not even going there. I have directed my wife to sue the bejesus out of the company for disarming me if something untoward happens to me on the job, LOL.

Had the conversation last week, long and short of it was told that the company has a policy of not talking on the phone while driving etc and that policy is not unlike any other policy.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    After my retirement from law enforcement I worked part time in one of the big-box hardware/home improvement stores. Naturally they prohibited carry. I carried every day I worked there. After a bit of experimentation I ended up carrying my Smith Model 40 five-shot .38 hammerless in a Bianchi belly-band/money belt rig. They don't offer it anymore but there are plenty out there much like it.

You can get another job. You can't get another life.

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ya, my manager told me to "keep it in your bike [saddlebags that do not lock]" and not to carry while at work.... fortunately I'm not dumb enough to listen to that crap. I'm at the entrance of 'my employment area', outside of earshot of anyone, the next employee (anyone else for that matter) is inside a rather distant building not within eyesight and well outside any audible range, and my drawer is full of money.... I'm a prime target for anyone ill-intentioned, and I know it (hence my very descriptive 'employment area'). I'm not willing to die defenseless, being robbed for fiat paper currency, because my manager thinks guns are scary, while having the means and ability to defend myself; that would be stupid.

I do an S&W .40c in an Uncle Mikes IWB. I've become familiar with over-shirts, loose fitting jeans and shirts (I'm 28) so I can pull it off. If I were any older, I"d probably need to get pretty creative with my attire.

Like Liberty Sanders said...

You can get another job. You can't get another life.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I have used a 5.11 Holster Shirt for a couple years when I go running. If it works while running, I would have to imagine that it would work well in most work environments. Here is the review I wrote about it a while back (again, mostly as it related to running).

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-review-5-11-holster-shirt-jogging-carry.html

I've been carrying a Taurus PT 740 in it even while running, and it is OK. Something that size (XD-S, S&W Shield, and similar) is about as large as I would go, though, even if I wasn't running.

Top Bottom