Not wanting to hijack other threads, I will start one and ask...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Let me make myself clear. I do advocate of 2A. I personally do EDC. However I do get tired of people saying LEO stopping carriers is the same as stopping drivers. It is not. There are laws stating so. I never said the laws could not / should not be changed. Repeating something that is not true does not make it true.

I know I will catch flak for the above, so be it.

I am not repeating anything not true. I say it SHOULD be wrong for them to stop OCers, not that it IS wrong.

I advocate changing the law to what I think it should be, it is you who are confusing it to say that is the status quo.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Now you stop that, right now.:D

It's New Mexico, OC in Tejas of handguns is against the law.

Alamogordo police pay $21,000 to settle open carry lawsuit - Washington DC gun rights | Examiner.com

Stops for opening carrying of handguns are likely valid in Indiana as the way Indiana's statute is written it is a crime to carry a handgun. The license is a defense.

A federal court in Joe-juh upheld the stop of an individual there who took off his jacket on a hot day. The court looked to the statute to see that carrying a pistol was illegal under Joe-juh law thus upheld the stop.

Indiana's statute is very similar to Georgia's.

Sorry Kirk, I thought it was the federal circuit court that covered Texas. I'll give you a box when we meet :D

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Roadside spot checks to check driving status are not legal, but roadside spot checks to attempt to catch drunk drivers are. I don't know how it is in VA but in IN we have to have reasonable suspicion a driver committed a traffic infraction for us to stop them and check their DL status.

Really. They happen here often enough. Mostly at night checking for drunks, but sometimes in the middle of the day, especially on weekends.
    Occasionally, the news announce it the day before.

I've been through several. I just state I'm armed, they ask where, I tell them so they won't freak if they see it while digging my license out.
    LEO's tend to freak if they see it without any warning. By declaring, I've never been hassled.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Though the check points are for drunks, they do ask for licenses whether they smell alcohol or not. I'm a non drinker since about 40 years ago.

Top Bottom