• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Just did some more research....I think Second Call is 'dead' to me at this point. I agree Carry Guard has perks...but at this point, I refuse to go that route. I'll go with USCCA I think for 3 bucks more than I 'was' spending with Second Call. I will say, though, with all this competition...there is a price point somewhere for anyone in this business. Anywhere from 10 bucks/mo to 50ish...with varying levels of coverages depending on what you're will to spend.

I also feel that Second Call may make it a year with sympathy signers...but not sure if they'll be viable in to the long term future. Time will tell.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    When discussing the price difference between USCCA and others, keep in mind that most others don't cover "any weapon used in the lawful defense of life"... CCWSafe and USCCA are the only ones that I've seen who cover you when using ANYTHING to defend life.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I am seeing 2nd call is dropping the ball on this. Lots of frustrated people trying to call for clarification...only to get clueless operators. Owner is giving out his phone number to try and smooth over tensions. I think they may be squandering their sympathy renewals...

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Just signed up for USCCA to replace my 2nd Call. Hoping for better experience with them. Hopefully my gmail acct doesn't blow up with spam.
    I set a filter in my Gmail to send them to a separate folder and mark them "read"... This helps me see them, but filter content. I have mail from (I believe) two addresses filtered.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    When discussing the price difference between USCCA and others, keep in mind that most others don't cover "any weapon used in the lawful defense of life"... CCWSafe and USCCA are the only ones that I've seen who cover you when using ANYTHING to defend life.

So if others dont cover this then what is the point? Is this (ie the situation where you use your weapon for aelf defense say in your house) not exaclty why insurance is bought?

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    So if others dont cover this then what is the point? Is this (ie the situation where you use your weapon for aelf defense say in your house) not exaclty why insurance is bought?
    The coverage that USCCA and CCWSafe provide are for "any weapon used" instead of the CG and 2nd Call Defense which only covers you when you use a firearm for defense.

Example - If things have gone off the charts in the bad direction and I find myself grappling with a bad guy, then pull / use a knife to defend myself, CG and 2nd Call Defense would not be obligated to come to my legal or civil defense. USCCA and CCWSafe would be, because of their verbiage for anything used in defense of life.

Top Bottom