Notification of New Address for LTCH (would appreciate LEO input)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    An Indiana resident must notify the ISP superintendent of an address change, in writing, within 60 days.

The notification form has an option to just notify (no new license to be sent) and another to notify and request new license for $20.

I did not see anything in the IC specifying that a new license is needed showing the new address.

Should trouble be expected from LEOs if the LTCH address does not match the DL address?

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not LE, but I think anytime the documents don't match it raises a red flag. Even if it's just a tiny little sandwich sized flag.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    My first permit, I notified of the address change and did not get a new permit. I never had an issue when when asked for my permit by a LEO.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    ...Should trouble be expected from LEOs if the LTCH address does not match the DL address?

I think this depends on why you are interacting with the LEO. If he is upset and thinks "you people" shouldn't be in "his town," then yes, he (or she) will give you a hassle about it trying to get you to do or say something so they can put the bracelets on you.
    If it's a low stress traffic stop, then I think it is unlikely to be an issue.

pillsbury1983

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I moved before my old permit (had almost 3 years left at the time) expired and told ISP the new address. They said it was updated and I didn't need a new one. (Got my lifetime now!)

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    If you carry outside Indiana, you may want to pony up the $20 to make sure your DL and LTCH match. IIRC, some states that honor the IN LTCH require a match...IANAL.

Also, LEO in other states will likely not be familiar with the notification requirements (and lack of update requirement for the LTCH) and may, therefore, be likely to spend a bit more quality time with you if a mismatch is there.

Best advice? Assess your personal situation, do the research, and make the call.

Top Bottom