• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    I live in Indiana, barely and I carry and I go to Kentucky a lot. Got to wondering, does Kentucky require that LEO be notified of the presence of a firearm during a traffic stop? Never been stopped yet but it can happen.

Redneckbuckeye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Sheridan
    It's seems to me, when doing inquiries about carying in another state, I could never get a consistent answer, between different agencies. I would get conflicting answers. No matter the law, a officer can make it a major issue and a time consuming ordeal if he/she is no clear on the law. Best to have a copy of the law with you.

StarbaseSSD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Clarksville IN
    It's seems to me, when doing inquiries about carying in another state, I could never get a consistent answer, between different agencies. I would get conflicting answers. No matter the law, a officer can make it a major issue and a time consuming ordeal if he/she is no clear on the law. Best to have a copy of the law with you.
    Problem is, most laws are for what's not legal, not what is legal. KY is silent on 'must inform', just as Indiana is. This makes it hard to show which law makes it 'legal' to not inform. Just as Indiana is silent on conceal or open carry, just that you must have the LTCH to transport, unless going to or from purchase or repair. (hopefully soon to be changed)

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    You dont even need a license to carry in your vehicle in FL. *WHILE CARRYING IN YOUR VEHICLE ONLY* and no you do not have to inform there either. Very 2A state.

silverbullet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    This is all good stuff to know. I am currently looking into a CC permit, and was wondering the same kind of thing as far as traveling between the midwest and say, FL.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    No such thing as a CC permit, here in IN we have a license to carry, meaning you can carry any which way you like.

Lots of knowledge to be gained on here.

Top Bottom