• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    I am having trouble finding a noveske stripped upper. Does anyone know where I can find one? Or has anyone heard when they are going to be back in stock everywhere? Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks

iDominate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Demotte
    No idea. From my understanding, the whole "Chainsaw" thing is that it has some cosmetic flaws. Not enough to keep it from being usable but not perfect enough to be sold as a perfect product. I suspect possibly some small scratches. But completely able to be used with no issues what so ever. I would have no problem buying them. It is a good marketing ploy. Kind of a cool custom logo on it too to go along with the already super cool Noveske product. :):

I am pretty new to the AR world but read about as much as I can an browse the interwebz quite a bit window shopping. :laugh:

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    No idea. From my understanding, the whole "Chainsaw" thing is that it has some cosmetic flaws. Not enough to keep it from being usable but not perfect enough to be sold as a perfect product. I suspect possibly some small scratches. But completely able to be used with no issues what so ever. I would have no problem buying them. It is a good marketing ploy. Kind of a cool custom logo on it too to go along with the already super cool Noveske product. :):

I am pretty new to the AR world but read about as much as I can an browse the interwebz quite a bit window shopping. :laugh:

I could live with a few small scratches but I would hate to get it and its dinged or nicked. I wouldnt like that. I guess ill hold out a little longer to see if the others come back in stock. I sent noveske an email asking them when they would have more in stock but i havent heard anything back yet.

iDominate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Demotte
    Are you interested in the Chainsaw version for some reason other than it being cheaper? If not, you could always buy one and more than likely be able to sell it easliy for whatever you paid if you decided you couldn't live with it. Or better yet, call Rainier and ask them to look at it for you and describe what you see. People in the industry seem to be really helpful more so than other industries. Just a thought.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Are you interested in the Chainsaw version for some reason other than it being cheaper? If not, you could always buy one and more than likely be able to sell it easliy for whatever you paid if you decided you couldn't live with it. Or better yet, call Rainier and ask them to look at it for you and describe what you see. People in the industry seem to be really helpful more so than other industries. Just a thought.

No, I would rather not have the chainsaw model but that is all that I can find in stock and thats only at rainiers. I hoping I get an email back at the beginning of the week from noveske with some good news. :rockwoot:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I would hate for my assault rifle to get digned or scratched.... Dude, you are making us AR guys look like nancy boys in front of the AK guys.

Noveske uppers and lowers are available thru Noveske or Noveske dealers. I order mine straight from them, but if I didn't get them for cost I would never buy them, they are WAY overpriced for nothing but a logo.

Way, way stupidly overpriced.

Even at dealer cost they are what the other outfits charge retail.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    I would hate for my assault rifle to get digned or scratched.... Dude, you are making us AR guys look like nancy boys in front of the AK guys.

Noveske uppers and lowers are available thru Noveske or Noveske dealers. I order mine straight from them, but if I didn't get them for cost I would never buy them, they are WAY overpriced for nothing but a logo.

Sorry I like my guns to be nice. I would order directly from them but they are Out Of Stock. I dont mind paying a little extra for the stuff I really want.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun

:yesway::yesway: I was waiting for this!

iDominate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Demotte

I am with you, dings and scratches don't matter. Everything is subjective for the most part. Some people want collectibles and some want a gun they can run through the ground. I can understand either mentality.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I believe the chainsaws (2nd gen blem) are only different from the other gen 2 by the engraving/roll marks. The idea of putting a chainsaw on the lower let's people know that it is in faCt a blemished lower, whereas with the 1st gen noveske stamped a number 2 inside the lower where it is not noTicable unless the gun was broken down. I've never seen a blem lower from noveske with scratches or dings, but that's not saying it hasn't happened. There was a group buy for a batch of 2nd gen chainsaws at a steal of a deal recently.

Top Bottom