• ...and so much more!
  • vantex502

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 16, 2023
    Lebanon
    Small construction company looking for labor/carpenter.

Pay 28-36 hourly

We work in a medical environment. Hospitals and assisted living environments

Requirements

Must be motivated.

Must be able to work around people.
    Must be on time and ready to work.
    Must be willing to learn new job tasks.
    Typical work performed.
    Renovation projects. Remodeling, painting, drywall, framing, flooring, suspended ceiling install.
    No experience needed but will require willingness to learn.
    2 weeks paid vacation.

Contact
    Steven Nienaber
    Indiana Healthcare Renovations
    Lebanon IN

765-894-2569
    Or Ihcr@ihcr.biz

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Has labor become this hard to find that construction companies have to advertise on statewide sites?

Sounds like a good job, btw. Were I not otherwise employed I'd probably take the opportunity to learn construction.
    Yes. I know of many new construction projects that are delayed months due to this very reason. And punch lists being way to long due to crappy workmanship...

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Yes. I know of many new construction projects that are delayed months due to this very reason. And punch lists being way to long due to crappy workmanship...
    Exactly. If I were a younger man, I could easily quit my clock in job and do nothing but quote and build decks. I have people ask me all the time if I’m ever interested in side work because they know my background and can’t even get a construction company to call them back!

Hell, if I could get a couple of competent and dependable people, I’d still be able to do it, but it’s like hitting the lottery if you find guys that will do the work well and stick around for any length of time.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    A buddy of mine at the gym is going to completely redo his main bathroom. He is fully capable of doing the work. But he decided to get a quote for the heck of it. The first company came out looked over the job and provided a quote of 33K. My buddy just laughed. The worker said I get it. And told him if they were going to do the work, he would be on a 3 month waiting list due to them being so busy. Crazy!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    A buddy of mine at the gym is going to completely redo his main bathroom. He is fully capable of doing the work. But he decided to get a quote for the heck of it. The first company came out looked over the job and provided a quote of 33K. My buddy just laughed. The worker said I get it. And told him if they were going to do the work, he would be on a 3 month waiting list due to them being so busy. Crazy!
    That sounds like a "f you" quote. Meaning "we really dont want to do this job, so you're going to pay through the nose to make it worth our while."

I know companies that will do that rather than just say no. I'd prefer an honest "sorry, not worth our time" myself.

EDIT: I also had a concrete company come out and give me a ridiculous number. "We dont roll our trucks for anything less than $10,000. So even if your short drive costs less than $10k, you're still going to pay $10k. If you can find more stuff for us to pour while we are there, we can do that to give you a better value. But for just your drive, its going to be $10k regardless of how much it actually costs to pour just a driveway."

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom