• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakinparts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    I recently purchased my carry gun, which ended up being a Glock 36 w/ +1 round extentions. Now I am going to look for a high capacity 9mm for home use. I held the XD, didn't like it. I did get to hold the M&P 9... It fit my hand well and I did like it. Any suggestions to look for? :patriot:

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Well we both know your choice now dont we... lol

I own a m&p 40 both full size and compact. No problems with either of them and very accurate out the box. I use the large backstraps on both of them and blackhawk serpa paddle and desantis speed scabbord holsters.

breakinparts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Well those were the only two I had the chance to look at... I was wondering if there was any others out there for me to check out ?

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Wellllllllll.. If'n ya ain't skeert.... try a 226! Top of the line Sig combat pistol, excellent trigger and fire control system, 20 rds avail... night sights,,, you could mount up the DEATHSTAR with the rails on the new ones..... what could possibly be better? And don't throw any more of that combat tupperware into the mix,,, we know... all godly reliable.... but really, is it a SIG? I think not....

;)

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Try to get your hands on a Glock 17 if it's going to be be an HD gun solely, if you think you want to ever carry it, try a 19 too.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Sig 226

I whole heartedly agree with the above post. If you want to drive nails with a 9mm, buy a sig 226. Glocks are fine, I own two, but you just can't drive nails with a DA only gun the way you can with a Sig. The first shot is a long pull, plenty of space to change your mind, but after that you go to single action combat shooting!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    You've got so many great choices. As others have said, a SIG like the 226 is a classic. If you like Glocks (since you've got one), the G19 is a great gun, plus it is also pretty compact for carrying as well. 15+1 in a nice frame.

M&P's are also nice guns.

You really may just need to go to a shop and see how a bunch of them feel. Or better yet, see if you can rent some from a range to try them out.

breakinparts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    I didn't realize that the P226 had such a large capacity... I love the P220 compact, but I am not sure how the P226 feels.

Lanser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Evansville
    I didn't realize that the P226 had such a large capacity... I love the P220 compact, but I am not sure how the P226 feels.

The standard capacity on the 226 is 15+1, but you can get 19-round mags for it -- I think one or two versions of it actually come with those as standard. Those are obviously pretty bulky for carry, but if strictly for home defense, they would work just fine.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    How much experience do you have now? How much do you plan to have in the future? I ask because I believe that if you're not willing to train a lot (and often) on multiple platforms, you ought to get another Glock. I can't believe I just said that!
    There aren't many similarities between a Sig 226 and a Glock xx, except that they both go bang when asked. I'd get the Sig, but glocks don't work in my hand, but it could just be in my mind. :nuts:

breakinparts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    How much experience do you have now? How much do you plan to have in the future? I ask because I believe that if you're not willing to train a lot (and often) on multiple platforms, you ought to get another Glock. I can't believe I just said that!
    There aren't many similarities between a Sig 226 and a Glock xx, except that they both go bang when asked. I'd get the Sig, but glocks don't work in my hand, but it could just be in my mind. :nuts:
    I have pretty decent experiences with Sigs. My dad owns one and I've shot it many times...

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    My 24/7 LS is 17+1, no decocker though. I believe the 24/7 OSS's have a hammer and a decocker as well...

OSS's are striker fired with strike 2 capability, the 800 series is supposed to be identical in size but not bbl length, 800 series has 4 inch barrels.

Top Bottom