• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I walked in the house and it seemed a little warm, so I checked the thermostat and it was set at 70, but the house temperature was 76. I began running my had across the vents and noticed the air seemed warm! I immediately remember when the cooling system went out at my home in NC. Yeah, that cost a pretty penny. I went outside to check on the system and noticed the fan was not turning. I began to sweat.

I remembered my son telling me that he thought lightning hit the house last night, but I ignored him since none of the appliances of clocks were flashing the time. As I was outside, some guy came by trying to find roofing work and as we were talking he said, "Lightning may have fried it!" Now the sweat was pouring down!

I went to check the fuse box and noticed the air conditioner was tripped. This was good news. I went inside and cut off the system, reset the fuse system, and turned everything back on. Still, the fan was not turning! :( I finally gave up and was getting ready to leave for class and heard that beautiful sound of the fan starting to turn! I ran inside to check on the air and it was as cool as my wife's attitude after I buy a new gun. :yesway:

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Okay, so now I have to drive to your house and take the start/run capacitor out of your outside AC unit.

:D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Okay, so now I have to drive to your house and take the start/run capacitor out of your outside AC unit.

:D

Yeah, something like that could get someone an easy $150 for the house call, because I wouldn't know what to do.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Great news that your A/C works, but the last sentence in your OP has me confused...You've said in the past that your wife isn't a fan of firearms(went as far as to say she doesn't even want them in the house), so why would she have a "cool" attitude after you purchase a new one?

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Lucky You!

Stick close to me A. the next time I see you, maybe some of your luck will rub off! We just changed the fan motor on Mom's A/C compressor this morning. My brother and his family were here from South Carolina for the whole weekend and the A/C quit Saturday evening! We had 44 adults and 11 little ones over for two days with no cooling! :rolleyes:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Great news that your A/C works, but the last sentence in your OP has me confused...You've said in the past that your wife isn't a fan of firearms(went as far as to say she doesn't even want them in the house), so why would she have a "cool" attitude after you purchase a new one?

1. Air conditioners are supposed to blow cool air.
    2. My wife, although not totally a fan of guns, is okay with having them in the house.
    3. Because she is not a fan, she can still be a little put off by my purchasing them; thus, the comparison to her attitude and the air in my house being cool.

Edit: I'm slow on this one. I get where you thought I was coming from. COOL as in okay... duh! I always say I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ladies, it hasn't even begun to get hot enough to rely on AC.

Unless you're using the oven to continually bake bread or are having a nonstop baconathon, it's not too bad.

I swear. I'm only half joking. But if it's just too hot: maybe your skirt is too long or something.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Anthony, I just gave you the biggest clue to what your AC problems will be in the next couple of weeks. Your house was hit by lightning in some way, it tripped the breaker. Your unit is probably going to quit working. The place to start is the start/run capacitor. If you take the top off the unit you will see an oblong "can" with 4 wires going to the top of it. That is the capacitor.

Been through a lightning hit myself and the capacitor died about 2 weeks later.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I got exactly what you meant by "cool"
    things are frequently "cool" around my house but it is usually something to do with the kids....... but we don't even have the air conditioner on yet this year. :rockwoot:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Ladies, it hasn't even begun to get hot enough to rely on AC.

Unless you're using the oven to continually bake bread or are having a nonstop baconathon, it's not too bad.

I swear. I'm only half joking. But if it's just too hot: maybe your skirt is too long or something.

I normally wear a kilt, but maybe it was too long last night.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Anthony, I just gave you the biggest clue to what your AC problems will be in the next couple of weeks. Your house was hit by lightning in some way, it tripped the breaker. Your unit is probably going to quit working. The place to start is the start/run capacitor. If you take the top off the unit you will see an oblong "can" with 4 wires going to the top of it. That is the capacitor.

Been through a lightning hit myself and the capacitor died about 2 weeks later.

Thanks, man. I will get it serviced this week.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Thanks, man. I will get it serviced this week.

Just have them run a diagnostic. It will show if anything is pulling too many amps. The capacitor IS something you can replace yourself. Just have to write down how the wires came off so you put them back correctly. Its easier than chopping 2x4's :D

Top Bottom