Now that L1 fingerprinting is mandatory, is there still a fee?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I seem to recall seeing somewhere that the "mandatory L1" rule got shutdown. My search-fu isn't that strong today though.

Edit: nope, it appears I'm incorrect.

ISP: Firearms Licensing

Not sure if it still costs $10 or not.

Damn, it's only July and I've already been incorrect twice this year...:n00b:

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    It was around 3 or 4 months ago that Senator Tomes addressed concerns to the ISP and I thought they had eliminated this change to only L-1. Someone clarify please.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Dang, this is twice today! "L-1" is what now? Why do you need to be fingerprinted to get L-1 and why do you even wish to attain such a thing as L-1 in the first place?

I feel so undereducated. :(

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I thought because every county still does not have Morpho-Trust USA (L-1) that you are required to go electronic if it is in your county,
    if there is none in your county then it can still be done the old way.

Is this still the case???

Does not matter to me, I have a lifetime, or wait a sec, ain't they doing away with the lifetime August 1st?

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    That's pretty lame, figured if it's mandatory it shouldn't have a fee.

Last edited:

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away !

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Dang, this is twice today! "L-1" is what now? Why do you need to be fingerprinted to get L-1 and why do you even wish to attain such a thing as L-1 in the first place?

I feel so undereducated. :(
    L-1 (now called Morphotrust) is the company that does electronic scanned fingerprinting for the state for the LTCH application. It used to be a $10 option instead of ink and paper, and it greatly reduced the wait time. As of July first, ink and paper are no longer an option and all applicants are required to be printed electronically.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    The fee will never go away. They are a private company who make money doing fingerprints. They already had mine on file at Morphotrust from when I got a TWIC card but "could not use those for the LTCH". In other words, we want to get paid to take them again.

At least you can pay both state and Morpho with a credit card online now instead of a cashiers check or MO.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Think of it like Obamacare. You're required by the State to patronize the services of a private company (and in this case, one private company in particular) if you want to engage in activity which is your right. RKBA in the case of Morphius (dis)Trust for LTCH. The phantom "right" to healthcare in the case of health insurance companies for basic medical attention.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    L-1 (now called Morphotrust) is the company that does electronic scanned fingerprinting for the state for the LTCH application. It used to be a $10 option instead of ink and paper, and it greatly reduced the wait time. As of July first, ink and paper are no longer an option and all applicants are required to be printed electronically.
    Thank you, I was paper and ink and since I have a Life LTCH I guess I don't have to worry about this one. Unless things change for the Lifers somehow.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    At least you can pay both state and Morpho with a credit card online now instead of a cashiers check or MO.

No way! I can pay it all by CC? Or just a portion of it? Don't know why this mmakes me so happy lol.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away ! The Lifetime is going away !

Hopefully both of the licenses that infringe on our right to bear arms goes away this next session!

Top Bottom