Bigger ones are out there, even in Indiana:

1528303363927.jpg

DMQoLOm.gif

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You know it's a tough spider when you step on it and it grabs your shoe and throws you on the floor.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I used to leave spiders alone, even in the house, until one bit my arm. The wound was massive and hurt for a month. It took a full year to completely heal.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Other spider bites can get very bad as well as they can easily get infected. I have been bitten by jumping spiders and a wolf spider. Basically it was an itchy red door for a week .

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've been bit on occasion by unidentifiable things that have left wounds that stayed for some time (months.)

I have one now, two months old. Red/pink 1/2" circle, not very noticeable, other than reoccurring dyeing top layer of skin. No other signs of problems, infection, itch anything.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Jumping spiders are cute.
    Have them all over and they get a pass.
    Orb weavers are messy and ugly, and funnel web.........yeah, those and any others........hell I should buy a 9mm just for spiders.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have one now, two months old. Red/pink 1/2" circle, not very noticeable, other than reoccurring dyeing top layer of skin. No other signs of problems, infection, itch anything.

My mom had one of those...Wouldn't heal...Ended up being something bad but they were able to catch it before it got worse...

GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!

Please...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've been bit on occasion by unidentifiable things that have left wounds that stayed for some time (months.)

Sounds like a tick bite to me. If you have a noticeable rash or discoloration, it would be wise to go to the doctor or an urgent care to have them check it for you.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I found a pic online very very similar to what my wound looked like. Huge blister at the center. Mine was more swollen around the blister & very red. Sounds like it was a Brown Recluse. I guess I'm lucky.

Saginaw+woman+treated+for+spider+bite.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Blister near the arch, they were ugly and numerous. Seed ticks here in the GSF are nothing to fool with.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    For those overrun by spiders a couple of short sprays of dairy spray per room when you are intending to be out of the house for awhile will wipe out pretty much any creepy crawly. It also takes care of flying insects and of course it would be good idea to remove your pets for awhile after you spray. Rural King or Tractor Supply should carry it locally.

Top Bottom