1981360_1315774376333.27res_480_410.jpg

Nevermind.

chris46131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Franklin
    So if it's okay to be a life guard and not know how to swim, then why can't someone just decide to be a lawyer, or a doctor, or a policeman without going through all than mind numbing education? What is good for one occupation should be good for all. At least in the mind of the liberals.

Sure! It worked for the president.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    But still, it used to be that, if you applied for a life guard job, and then admitted you couldn't swim, you were a laughing stock! THAT'S the world I want back!

Vote for me for president if I can silently tie up a few loose ends (you know, kind of like Rae Curruth and his the dog's gonna get out...we need to build a fence kind of thing). I'll be just the man you're looking for. I'll be bringing back public floggings, stocks, instant death penalty for ChoMos/meth dealers/ambulance chasing lawyers, no yoga pants for the obese, and if you get butthurt over very minor things you get shipped to France to live out the rest of your life.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Vote for me for president if I can silently tie up a few loose ends (you know, kind of like Rae Curruth and his the dog's gonna get out...we need to build a fence kind of thing). I'll be just the man you're looking for. I'll be bringing back public floggings, stocks, instant death penalty for ChoMos/meth dealers/ambulance chasing lawyers, no yoga pants for the obese, and if you get butthurt over very minor things you get shipped to France to live out the rest of your life.
    Can we tar and feather the morbidly stupid, just for being stupid? If so, you have my vote! :):

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Uh.... Did anyone actually read the original sources, or did everyone play good lil sheep, and take a biased article with information from another article, as fact?

Well, fact is, nowhere is it found that people that "can't swim" would be hired as life guards. Well, except in the article the OP posted. And people would still have to pass the life guard test at the same standards as always.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Uh.... Did anyone actually read the original sources, or did everyone play good lil sheep, and take a biased article with information from another article, as fact?

Well, fact is, nowhere is it found that people that "can't swim" would be hired as life guards. Well, except in the article the OP posted. And people would still have to pass the life guard test at the same standards as always.

Uhh, isn't that what you're suppose to do on the Internet? Researching something that gets posted, ain't nobody got time for dat.

But seriously, Swiss cheese is the best of all cheeses and ChoMos/meth dealers/lawyers all suck.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    To Kut's point about reading the underlying sources and all...an even more repugnant aspect of this:

"The kids in the pool are all either Hispanic or black or whatever, and every lifeguard is white," she says, "and we don't like that. The kids don't relate; there's language issues."

Apparently diversity means undiversifying a situation and homogenizing it. I thought race shouldn't matter.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

That would not be news, so stay out of it! ;)

Top Bottom