• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Nothing special to brag about in the way of deer this year, but I did put this little 6 pointer in the freezer, shot him during the last 20 minutes of legal on the last day of firearms season.
    20141130_165715_zpsfb4b6a4b.jpg

Muzzle loader season ended a little differently than expected, but shot this black colored coyote before pulling my stands for the season:
    coyote_zps8e0e5c1e.jpg

Had to end the deer hunting early this year so that I my rotator cuff surgery would be covered on this year's insurance. It went smoothly, the surgeon was actually able to do a full repair which he didn't think he was going to be able to do. I'll be sleeping on the couch for the next several weeks because laying in the bed hurts. Taking some major pain killers and hooked up to this ice water machine that pumps ice water around my shoulder. Hoping I can get back into full swing by April or May. Looking forward to getting it all behind me and seeing some nicer bucks next year - although the full body coyote mount will be cool.

Won't be carrying for a while either, another reason to do exactly what Doc tells me to do so I can get this behind me!
    20141214_1413222_zpsdfff7e49.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well wishes to you sir!
    Spectacular on the two hunting successes. Couldn't ask for better while you heal.

Possibly there are those in your area who can teach off hand gun work like rhino at ACT?
    Now likely isn't the time to train for you, but readers might relate to your situation as I do. Training and working regularly to be proficient with the "weak hand" in advance of a situation like this could be beneficial to not having to change your self defense carry routine.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Well wishes to you sir!
    Spectacular on the two hunting successes. Couldn't ask for better while you heal.

Possibly there are those in your area who can teach off hand gun work like rhino at ACT?
    Now likely isn't the time to train for you, but readers might relate to your situation as I do. Training and working regularly to be proficient with the "weak hand" in advance of a situation like this could be beneficial to not having to change your self defense carry routine.

If worse came to worse, I think I could still get a shot off left handed for home defense. As far as outside the home, I'm not carrying at all. Not driving for the next few weeks either, so not even carrying in the vehicle. It sucks, but on the bright side, it's also good motivation to also be serious about the therapy.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    As your recovery progresses this could be an opportunity to improve with your left hand. Hope everything goes well for you.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    That's good they could do a full repair. At least you won't be couch-ridden in the summer months so that's good timing.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    As your recovery progresses this could be an opportunity to improve with your left hand. Hope everything goes well for you.

Thanks. Can't say that I've been practicing any lefty shooting, but I have been doing a lot of things left handed which I normally do right handed. Some things we just take for granted like eating, combing hair, etc. I picked up an electric razor and toothbrush before the surgery, helps a lot.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thanks. Can't say that I've been practicing any lefty shooting, but I have been doing a lot of things left handed which I normally do right handed. Some things we just take for granted like eating, combing hair, etc. I picked up an electric razor and toothbrush before the surgery, helps a lot.

I guess I would look at this as an opportunity. Gaining proficiency with the left hand might serve you well one day.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I recommend that while you are taking the heavy-duty painkillers you leave the home defense to non-medicated personnel.
    While I was on similar medication, several people visited me and I still don't remember it.
    I'd hate for the meds to make you see a blue dragon with red eyes and fluffy bunny slippers.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I hope you have a full recovery. They have gotten a lot better at procedures like this over the years. If a football player can have the procedure and return to the field after recovery then it bodes well for future hunting trips. :yesway:

You might think the PT hates you at some point but do the exercises anyway.

Top Bottom