• ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Those carp with their gaping mouths still haunt my dreams. :runaway:

Last time I was there, many years back, some clown flicked a lit cigarette at the carp, one of which swallowed it. Made me mad, It wasn't put out because it didn't hit the water.

Sad that this is the biggest memory I have of the place now.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    So, might not be dead yet.

I’m in a Facebook group for the park fans, for a few weeks some had been posting rumors of a sale. I didn’t dismiss them because it was a business owner in Monticello posting it but I didn’t count it as fact.

Wednesday someone was playing with the Facebook page. Maybe it got hacked was a though.

Thursday the picture of the logo and saying permanently closed was changed to the say picture and permanently crossed out. Also Thursday an old twitter profile for the park (ib crow) posted for the first time in years.

Friday that same profile posted a pic. It was a wheel of fortune style game board. The category was (guess whose back back again) and the puzzle was “ib crow is back tell s friend”. This was also posted on the parks official page where the word permanently was crossed out on a picture and said “see you Monday”. Don’t know what Monday holds, but this is the most social teasing/marketing the park has done in years. I honestly believe it is sold and one of the rumors is that it will be open this year. It isn’t far fetched actually, in the months since the announced closure people living there on the lake has observed the big wheel being operated and a few other attractions running. The only attractions that have left was a second carousel and some non working kiddie rides that weren’t original.

Also the county has approved a 3 million revolving loan to any operator who buys it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've seen a few stories on WTHR saying that they had had a couple of different buyers that were interested in it. Hopefully it will be brought back.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    I've seen a few stories on WTHR saying that they had had a couple of different buyers that were interested in it. Hopefully it will be brought back.

there was three “buyers” early on that didn’t pan out.

fun spot out of Florida/Georgia was the only legit potential buyer. They either were only interested rides or decided against buying it. Either way, they were up front a few days after deciding to not to buy it. Two others were fakers doing it for attention. Whoever this new buyer is, isn’t exactly know. Only a new business license under the Indiana beach llc name with a name of a guy out of Chicago and these hints.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    there was three “buyers” early on that didn’t pan out.

fun spot out of Florida/Georgia was the only legit potential buyer. They either were only interested rides or decided against buying it. Either way, they were up front a few days after deciding to not to buy it. Two others were fakers doing it for attention. Whoever this new buyer is, isn’t exactly know. Only a new business license under the Indiana beach llc name with a name of a guy out of Chicago and these hints.

For some reason (and I may be imagining this) I was thinking that the owners of Cedar Pointe had shown some interest.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    I hadn’t heard of cedar fair being interested and wouldn’t want them to own it. They already own Kings island and cedar point. They owned Geauga lake (formerly sea world Ohio and then six flags) also in Ohio and closed it.

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    I saw the social media activity too! I would guess it means someone acquired it! Gotta say, it won’t be easy for them to try and breathe life into IB during Corona! ....but at the same time it might be perfect.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Well, if the Cedar Point people bought it, it wouldn't be to close it. It's already there. I'd be thrilled to see anyone buy it who has the potential to fix it and run it.

Just my 2 cents, but we went to Holiday World last year and it was clean and nice, as always, but they weren't running rides at their full rate, so it created lines that were longer than they needed to be. The last two times I've been to Kings Island, I thought it was much improved over a few years prior.

If they do open up Indiana Beach, I'll try and get my kids up there this summer.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    I saw the social media activity too! I would guess it means someone acquired it! Gotta say, it won’t be easy for them to try and breathe life into IB during Corona! ....but at the same time it might be perfect.

Gives them time to get things back to up original owner park status (how it was under the Spackman's). They could have a "preview season" with people realizing not everything will be perfect. It will take months to get things going because while the park could be good to go quickly, they need to hire hundreds of people if not in the thousands. With many jobs being gone right now, it might work out.

Well, if the Cedar Point people bought it, it wouldn't be to close it. It's already there. I'd be thrilled to see anyone buy it who has the potential to fix it and run it.

Just my 2 cents, but we went to Holiday World last year and it was clean and nice, as always, but they weren't running rides at their full rate, so it created lines that were longer than they needed to be. The last two times I've been to Kings Island, I thought it was much improved over a few years prior.

If they do open up Indiana Beach, I'll try and get my kids up there this summer.

If any other park operator was to buy it, I would love to see Holiday World's Koch family that is left or Dan Koch with Alabama Adventure do it. I doubt either will. Six Flags or Cedar Fair will jack up prices (what caused the issue with Apex parks mostly). What worked for the park was and will always be cheaper admission and get people to buy the extras. Get rid of season passes, they get money up front but the park loses money as the season goes on. Bring back a non rider/general admission fee. Also somehow get the boaters back in the park. The current owners fenced in the park, made it one pay one price admission policy (almost the same prices as Six Flags, Holiday World and Cedar fair). The reason the park did so good under the Spackman's beside the fact they didn't have a huge loan to start, was it was affordable. A family could go and enjoy the day. A family like mine could take grandparents who could not only watch their grand kids enjoy the day, but also the parents could ride some rides while grandparents helped with the kids. All while the grandparents didn't have to pay full price even though they might not ride anything. If they did choose to ride, they could buy individual tickets to rides. It will take some thinking to make that work, but that is how the park will thrive again. Getting feet through the gates will keep the park open, if they price it like Apex has recently, that won't happen. People don't want free, but want affordable. A park in Pennsylvania operates the way Indiana Beach did and is thriving. One of their wooden coasters was just named the top wooden coaster according to one poll (I agree, also, it is one of my top two wooden coasters).

Six flags, without a season pass, is 20 bucks to park and 40 to get in. Cedar Fair is the same. If Indiana Beach does reopen, I will try to go this year even if just to walk the boardwalk, let my four year old ride some rides, play Fascination and enjoy the park in general. I hope if it is bought, the original Skyroom menu returns. Getting a nice, sit down meal in an amusement park is awesome.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    My used to go there with my sister's friend because she would ask me. She turned out to be super super hot when she got older. :ugh:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

open.jpg

But will they still have Dippin' Dots? :)

Top Bottom