• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    WISH TV 8 reported tonight that a puppy was dropped off in a laundry bag at the Humane Society on Christmas Eve. They dropped the laundry bag off outside and drove away. They have vidoe footage of the incident and are asking the public for help to identify the suspects.

INCOMING SARCASM ALERT!!!

What in the hell were they thinking? Dropping an unwanted puppy off at the Humane Society off all places, the nerve of some people. Of all the curbs, alleys, city parks, they choice the Humane Society. WISH TV 8 reported that it is against the law to abandon an unwanted pet on public or private property. If caught they could face fines or jail time...

MAJOR INCOMING SARCASM ALERT!!!

But you can drop an unwanted baby off at any hospital or fire station with no questions asked.

How in the hell does this make any sense?????

:twocents:

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    The fact that people cant recognize sarcasm...well lets just say I've lost all hope in humanity.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    WISH TV 8 reported tonight that a puppy was dropped off in a laundry bag at the Humane Society on Christmas Eve. They dropped the laundry bag off outside and drove away. They have vidoe footage of the incident and are asking the public for help to identify the suspects.

INCOMING SARCASM ALERT!!!

What in the hell were they thinking? Dropping an unwanted puppy off at the Humane Society off all places, the nerve of some people. Of all the curbs, alleys, city parks, they choice the Humane Society. WISH TV 8 reported that it is against the law to abandon an unwanted pet on public or private property. If caught they could face fines or jail time...

MAJOR INCOMING SARCASM ALERT!!!

But you can drop an unwanted baby off at any hospital or fire station with no questions asked.

How in the hell does this make any sense?????

:twocents:

How does it make any sense? Easy.
    I have no problem with someone taking an unwanted animal to the humane society. I do have a problem with abandoning one in a laundry bag on Christmas Eve. What did the temperature get down to that night? How long was the dog out there? How long could of the dog been out there? Just how old was the puppy?
    Here is the link to IN code on animal neglect and abandonment. I'd say under the law they are quite possibly guilty. It is a class A misd, class D felony with prior.
    Indiana Code 35-46-3

You can leave an unwanted baby at any occupied hospital or fire station and I believe police station. But you have to go in and give it to someone, what kind of charges do you think a person would be facing if they left it on the doorstep in a laundry bag?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I have no problem with someone taking an unwanted animal to the humane society. I do have a problem with abandoning one in a laundry bag on Christmas Eve. What did the temperature get down to that night? How long was the dog out there? How long could of the dog been out there? Just how old was the puppy?
    Here is the link to IN code on animal neglect and abandonment. I'd say under the law they are quite possibly guilty. It is a class A misd, class D felony with prior.
    Indiana Code 35-46-3

You can leave an unwanted baby at any occupied hospital or fire station and I believe police station. But you have to go in and give it to someone, what kind of charges do you think a person would be facing if they left it on the doorstep in a laundry bag?
    From the story I saw, the workers saw them drop off the bag and drive off. They tried to run after the vehicle but was unable to get a plate number. So they dropped off the dog while it was open. News said that the dog was not outside for more than a minute or 2. I don't see the big deal. They sure could have handled the drop-off much better but I do not see the cause to make this a news story.

Cbowen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Noblesville
    The news is making a big deal out of nothing. Its not like they were closed and the dog had to sit there all night in the cold. Even if the dog had to sit there all night aren't animals supposed to be able to handle the cold weather. Look at all the outside pets people have that do just fine out in the extremely cold and hot weather. Whats the world coming to you can get in more trouble by hurting an animal than you can a person. I just don't get it.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    People do this all the time. The reason is because if you take an animal inside, the Humane Society actually charges you to drop it off. They also won't allow you to give away a puppy or a kitten to someone that actually wants it if you are on their property. They want you to pay for them to take them, then charge the other person for getting one.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    People do this all the time. The reason is because if you take an animal inside, the Humane Society actually charges you to drop it off. They also won't allow you to give away a puppy or a kitten to someone that actually wants it if you are on their property. They want you to pay for them to take them, then charge the other person for getting one.

That is kind of dumb of them, I would think that would lead to a
    larger deterrent to doing the right thing.
    Just tell them it's a stray you found if you don't want to pay. :twocents:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    From the story I saw, the workers saw them drop off the bag and drive off. They tried to run after the vehicle but was unable to get a plate number. So they dropped off the dog while it was open. News said that the dog was not outside for more than a minute or 2. I don't see the big deal. They sure could have handled the drop-off much better but I do not see the cause to make this a news story.

Okay with that bit of info added, I agree no cause to make this a news story.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

Yep. It's all about MONEY and they want their cut.

I refuse to donate to the ASPCA for that reason.

There are many worthwhile animal shelters, private and non-profit, around. Support them, they also don't charge you a fee to take a stray off your hands.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Indiana Code 35-46-3

You seriously could not compare a puppy to a child! I will put it to you this way (i am an animal lover btw) if you are starving and kill and eat a child it is murder. If you are starving and eat a dog, it is a meal.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    You seriously could not compare a puppy to a child! I will put it to you this way (i am an animal lover btw) if you are starving and kill and eat a child it is murder. If you are starving and eat a dog, it is a meal.

I was just replying to the OP who made the comparison.

And as an animal lover if someone wants to eat their dog/cat/hamster. I have no problem with it. I just hope they kill it in a humane manner. I've know a couple of people that enjoy dog on occasion, I've even eaten at their house. But they don't feed it to me, or at least I hope they don't. :n00b:

I'm pretty sure I've eaten cat before, it was tasty.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana

Yeah that on the meal:rockwoot:
    Emontional attachment to an animal is very immature. save the tax payers some money and close all the animal shelters.

Top Bottom