• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    Mohamed and his family can use this as a teaching moment for other Muslims? They need to work on their reputation if regular everyday folks like teachers could perceive them as bomb makers, right?
    I think you might want to visit a large populated area and look around for what now are "regular eveyday folks".

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    NO Purple.
    It's not my reputation to fix, it's theirs.
    What group has a penchant for typically be the one's making bombs, flying bombs into buildings, etc?
    Wouldn't those of that religion understand that this FACT might open some eyes of those who care for and educate our children?
    Wouldn't those of that religion be sensitive to such perceptions and understand that a bomb looking device just might be?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Wouldn't those of that religion be sensitive to such perceptions and understand that a bomb looking device just might be?

He's a fourteen year old kid excited about building something and learning a skill far more valuable than a week sitting in a public education classroom. If he thinks this is a confusing situation to be in he only needs to wait until he starts dating and trying to figure out the female brain.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    NO Purple.
    What group has a penchant for typically be the one's making bombs, flying bombs into buildings, etc?
    Wouldn't those of that religion understand that this FACT might open some eyes of those who care for and educate our children?

Irish Catholics?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Irish Catholics?

There certainly was a time the same might apply. IIRC, their terror was not directed at Americans though? They were never a threat here, right?

It also appears that the Irish Catholics have done just as I suggested the Muslims should - work on their reputation.

*** Has everyone failed to notice that this happened the first day back to school after 9/11? ***

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Irish Catholics?

We have been known to build some bombs now and then.

On a related note:
    http://www.newsweek.com/2014/09/19/maker-movement-reinvents-education-268739.html
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maker_culture

I can neither confirm nor deny that there are probably a dozen shoeboxes in my garage with wires, batteries, relays, transistors, and electronic parts in varying degrees of (non)operation.

ETA:
    OOps, didn't realize this wasn't covered up-thread:
    http://www.wthr.com/story/30045139/texas-family-blame-fear-of-islam-for-teens-hoax-bomb-arrest
    "I took it to school to show my teacher the talent that I have, just to show him; and from my perspective it didn't look like a bomb," Ahmed explained.
    But at MacArthur High School Tuesday, that's exactly what he says the second teacher who saw his homemade clock thought it was. Police handcuffed and arrested him, and took him to Irving Police headquarters for interrogation.

The kid MADE the clock. First teacher (probably a science teacher) didn't think anything of it. Second teacher (probably a "language arts" teacher) freaked out.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    There certainly was a time the same might apply. IIRC, their terror was not directed at Americans though? They were never a threat here, right?
    Well no. You wouldn't rob the bank that's funding you, would you?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    NO Purple.

Irish Catholics?

Japanese
    Germans
    Chinese

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Apparently someone needs to teach Texans about Ismail Al-Jazari, the great mechanical genius of the 13th century. His inventions inspire countless youth across the Muslim world.

Someone needs to teach them. I will do it. I will teach the smoking hot Texas females about Arabic history. I will make that sacrifice.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The terrorist just got an invite to the Whitehouse.

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/644193755814342656

Update at 10:09 a.m. Wednesday: Former secretary of state and Democratic presidential candidiate Hillary Clinton joined the tidal wave of tweets supporting Mohamed Ahmed after his arrest Monday for bringing a homemade digital clock to school.

You guys happy to be siding with this crowd? ;)

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Update at 10:09 a.m. Wednesday: Former secretary of state and Democratic presidential candidiate Hillary Clinton joined the tidal wave of tweets supporting Mohamed Ahmed after his arrest Monday for bringing a homemade digital clock to school.

You guys happy to be siding with this crowd? ;)

Yep, but I was on his side before they chimed in. Right is right, doesn't matter who you are. The teachers and school administration need to be slapped down and the cops should all get unpaid vacations for being stupid.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Being in, essentially, a small briefcase doesn't help.

jGZ8RBU.jpg

Top Bottom