NPR and more 'expertise' (stupidity) on guns and violence.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Are we talking about criminals here, or the government? Or both...

Of course I would like NPR to address why 'social scientists' have expertise on this matter. But then don't address social causes... But only trot out 'solutions' that amount to 'be like Australia'. Gee, should we emulate AUS and the UK on all our other policies? Because they don't have any social/crime problems, amiright?

NPR never looks at this issue from the side of the Constitutionalists, or considers that there may be an excellent rationale for gun ownership despite the 'massive' numbers of 'mass' shootings...

The rationale for NPR is infinitely weaker than the rationale for private gun ownership. Maybe when there's no NPR or PBS or CPB we can talk about the 2d Amendment. (Nah...)
    These so-called "social scientists" do it the easy politically correct way and blame violence perpetrated while using a firearm on the evil NRA instead of dealing with the social causation. It's a cop out of the first magnitude.

They try to lay the social ills of a decaying society at the doorstep of the NRA.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    i disagree.
    Possibly NPR is the last remaining organization that claims any journalistic integrity.

Send them an email with your thoughts and sources to provide an expert analysis of the issues and possible solutions.

Who knows? Gun talk on NPR?
    Click and Clack are in reruns.

NPR hasn't practiced journalism since BEFORE Reagan.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Thankfully, I missed this story. I haven't listened to WESUN in a long time since I often have to be at church before 8.

Weekend ATC, however, I do listen to completely. Ugh, Michele Martin is just awful. Her "barbershop" was talking about Ben Carson and couldn't debate what he was saying so they started attacking the person. She doesn't even attempt to hide her liberalism. Here's hoping her tenure is short.

Oh, and Cobber, gun related political discussions belong here. Now where's that badge...

Top Bottom