• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I emailed the official NRAAM hotel reservation people to see what's available. They always reserve blocks of rooms near the convo. The Friday morning firearm inspection shift starts pretty early so I don't want to stay too far away.

A couple Nashville buddies say try the Marriot (~2 miles away. I've stayed there before & wow $$$!!!) or the Embassy (probably just as $$$).

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I will be there. Several of my shooting buddies have been attending these together for years. We bring our wives and it is a mini vacation. These are A LOT OF FUN. The only other vacation I do is Camp Perry for bullseye pistol week.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I emailed the official NRAAM hotel reservation people to see what's available. They always reserve blocks of rooms near the convo. The Friday morning firearm inspection shift starts pretty early so I don't want to stay too far away.

A couple Nashville buddies say try the Marriot (~2 miles away. I've stayed there before & wow $$$!!!) or the Embassy (probably just as $$$).

I ended up at the Embassy, and about died when I saw the bill. If it wasnt for the entire family comming along, I would have thrown a cot in my trailer.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    They have all the money they are likely to get from me. After telling the world they were responsible for stopping the recent Ammo Ban neglecting to say that they simply let the Russian Items Executive Order that caused Saigas and 7N6 proceed without a single email alert until AFTER it was in effect among other things that don't seem to get any notice until after it happened, I am still done with the [STRIKE]NRA[/STRIKE].

The Gun Owners of America has let NOTHING go without a fight. That is how I want things to be so I also respond when alerted. I send them money monthly. They need both more members and more money if they are going to continue fighting the good fight of NO MORE COMPROMISES. It's only $20/year to be a member and even if you aren't a member they will still send you alert emails. The GOA makes it simplle to take action too. Click the link in the email, once you have filled the form in it can be saved (or not) then you keep clicking and they send preformatted emails for you. You can discard the preformatted contents and write your own if you would rather too. No muss, no fuss. The NRA tells you to write or email then you're on your own. Most folks though read it and leave it unless it is easy for them to do, the GOA does this for you so you can make your voice heard.

Most folks can spare $20 for a year, make it count and use it to join the GOA. The only reason the NRA can "throw their weight around" is because they have more members. They have right about twice as many but you are prompted to join when you get a new firearm, when you check out with Round Ups and anywhere that sells a firearm the NRA is plastered all over like they were the Second Coming. They make compromises and they do favor hunters over shooters, "Sporting Arms" over Military type guns (they do support the AR platform though), like AK's and such, that's the bargaining chip for them. They will let those go if they can protect hunting guns.

Anyway, have a good time at the big meeting. They do put on a good party at the [STRIKE]NRA[/STRIKE]. That way they can keep you from keeping to close an eye on the things they let slip away... never to be seen again.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    They have all the money they are likely to get from me. After telling the world they were responsible for stopping the recent Ammo Ban neglecting to say that they simply let the Russian Items Executive Order that caused Saigas and 7N6 proceed without a single email alert until AFTER it was in effect among other things that don't seem to get any notice until after it happened, I am still done with the [STRIKE]NRA[/STRIKE].

The Gun Owners of America has let NOTHING go without a fight. That is how I want things to be so I also respond when alerted. I send them money monthly. They need both more members and more money if they are going to continue fighting the good fight of NO MORE COMPROMISES. It's only $20/year to be a member and even if you aren't a member they will still send you alert emails. The GOA makes it simplle to take action too. Click the link in the email, once you have filled the form in it can be saved (or not) then you keep clicking and they send preformatted emails for you. You can discard the preformatted contents and write your own if you would rather too. No muss, no fuss. The NRA tells you to write or email then you're on your own. Most folks though read it and leave it unless it is easy for them to do, the GOA does this for you so you can make your voice heard.

Most folks can spare $20 for a year, make it count and use it to join the GOA. The only reason the NRA can "throw their weight around" is because they have more members. They have right about twice as many but you are prompted to join when you get a new firearm, when you check out with Round Ups and anywhere that sells a firearm the NRA is plastered all over like they were the Second Coming. They make compromises and they do favor hunters over shooters, "Sporting Arms" over Military type guns (they do support the AR platform though), like AK's and such, that's the bargaining chip for them. They will let those go if they can protect hunting guns.

Anyway, have a good time at the big meeting. They do put on a good party at the [STRIKE]NRA[/STRIKE]. That way they can keep you from keeping to close an eye on the things they let slip away... never to be seen again.

Thanks Brother 'Hog. You just talked me into signing up. $20 is good $ spent fighting the good fight.

:yesway:

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    What genius decided it was a good idea to schedule the NRA show during the Knob Creek shoot?

No kidding! Knob Creek is as close to sacred as there is in the gun world and was happening long before the modern NRA conventions came about. I will be at the Creek for the entire show and shoot.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Don't know. That's on KCR.

It's their range, they can do it anytime.

NRA must run the gamut of leasing agents and Passover/Easter. I don't think KCR even entered the equation when NRA was planning Nashville years and years ago (why would it?).

Respectfully Kirk, NO, they can't just schedule it anytime, and NO, it is not on them. The shoot has been the second weekend of October and the second weekend of April since at least the early 90s when I started going. Hotel rooms have to be booked approximately 6 months in ahead of time (end of previous shoot) if you want to be sure you get one and a boatload of BATFE 5320.20 forms have to be filled out and approved (does not apply to FFLs, but it still affects a lot of people). Changing the date of the shoot would be a big ****ing deal. The NRA didn't schedule over the Creek when they held their convention in Louisville or Indy (and I happily attended both of those conventions), maybe that was just coincidence, but the Creek SHOULD have been on NRA's radar considering past president Sandy Froman is an MG owner and shooter AND a number of companies typically exhibit at both events. I know Galati International, Safety Harbor Firearms, and Ohio Ordnance Works are going to be at the Creek rather than the NRA convention, but I don't know for certain how the other companies are handling the conflict (Century Arms for example might be able to pull off both events simultaneously). If the meeting was being held somewhere far away like Phoenix, it wouldn't be as big of a deal since it wouldn't force the local population to pick between the two (only vendors and shooters like myself), but Nashville is almost in KCR's backyard at that's not cool. I intended on going to the NRA meeting in Nashville, but was pretty peeved when I discovered the date they picked. Maybe they couldn't help it, but it still stinks. Bottom line though, everyone loses from the date conflict and it is NOT on KCR.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Just think how big the party in KY would have been in 2016 if the NRAAM was the same weekend as the machine gun shoot!

KCR = April 8, 9 & 10, 2016
    NRAAM = 05/20/2016 - 05/22/2016

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    All bow down and change your plans for the all mighty and righteous NRA?

How many show up for KCR? How many show up for NRAAM? The one with the fewest attendees changes the weekend.

We can still do both. But expecting the larger circle in the Euler diagram to do as the smaller circle dictates is unrealistic.

Popacap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Westfield, IN
    Me and my brother will be there. At this point Hotels are getting tight. I'm in Franklin, TN, 15 miles away from downtown Nashwille. If you are thinking of going, get the hotel yesterday.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    After telling the world they were responsible for stopping the recent Ammo Ban

Umm, that was the NRA that stopped it.

. . . neglecting to say that they simply let the Russian Items Executive Order that caused Saigas and 7N6 proceed without a single email alert until AFTER it was in effect among other things that don't seem to get any notice until after it happened, I am still done with the NRA.

What? EO13661 was signed in March 2014, the Russian ban was implemented by Treasury Department later that summer.

What do you want the NRA to do about such sanctions considering the plenary power of the Executive?

Better yet, what is anyone else doing about the decision by Treasury? Where's the mighty GOA? Why haven't they done anything?

The Gun Owners of America has let NOTHING go without a fight.

Really? What about the Treasury decision the summer of 2014? What are they doing? What do they do to fight it to stop it?

They have right about twice as many but you are prompted to join when you get a new firearm, when you check out with Round Ups and anywhere that sells a firearm the NRA is plastered all over like they were the Second Coming.

The NRA has 5M members; GOA has 300K members. That is sixteen times as many members.

They make compromises and they do favor hunters over shooters, "Sporting Arms" over Military type guns (they do support the AR platform though), like AK's and such, that's the bargaining chip for them. They will let those go if they can protect hunting guns.

Who is telling you this? What compromises are you referencing?

That way they can keep you from keeping to close an eye on the things they let slip away... never to be seen again.

Slip away? Our rights are growing every year.

The only way to be victorious is to attack. The NRA is attacking and winning.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    It's not a bad drive from my neck of the woods. 500 miles, roughly 8 hours straight down I-65. Going to try to make it. Might even bring my lovely Canadian bride along for the ride. :D

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Booked and only ~15 min away. Not bad. I'll be wearing either INGO or Appleseed shirts with an NRA inspector ID badge. Say hi if you see me. :ingo:

Top Bottom