• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I had no idea at the time why Google maps told me to get off of I65N right out of Nashville. It sent me way out East then North back onto I65N. I stopped for gas and someone said the same thing. It took them 3 hours to get to that mile marker.

I'm glad I listened to my phone GPS for once.

When I went to Murfreesboro from Knob Creek, my GPS had me go a backway through Lebanon. It does that from time to time so I thought no big deal. GPS on my phone from Murfreesboro to Indiana said to take 65 through Nashville. I knew about the construction and extra traffic but figured it would be okay.

Ha, big freaking mistake. I wanted to shoot my damn phone, still do.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ha, big freaking mistake.

We heard about the traffic on 65 so when we left we took 31 north until the TN-KY border and crossed over the I-65 at Mitchellville, TN. Added time, but, I made it up through KY and IN.

A big thank you to the Kentucky and Indiana State Police for letting the productive class be productive.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The only had behaviour that I saw at the Nashville meeting was while we were in the collectors' corner looking at the Ruger display. Some numbnuts decided he should pry a Ruger revolver off the display wall. He had both hands on it and one foot up on the wall.

They yelled at him and smacked his hands off in time. I just stood there with my mouth open.

Now, I've seen bad behaviour at NRAAM before: pulling carry guns out and putting them in holsters (Pittsburgh) or pointing guns at others intentionally, "bang, bang, I shot you, Cledus" (St. Louis), but this is the first time I've seen someone try to rip a gun off the wall.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    Just got back home. Spent Friday, Saturday, and part of today at the convention. Had a great time, especially because I got to go with my wife and my parents, so it also turned into a nice little family vacation.
    I ended up buying a CMC trigger for my AR for $130 :rockwoot:. I compared it with Geiselle, Timney, and Velocity triggers and it turned out to be the right one for me and I was definitely pleased with the discount.

All in all it was awesome. There were only a couple bad things:

Stood in line at Xtreme bullets to get some 147gr 9mm and had two people cut in front of me and take the last 4000, even after the guy selling them and the people cutting made eye contact with me. I said something to the Xtreme sales guy, who said "Sorry, I can't control the line" and said something to the people who cut, who completely just ignored me.

The only other thing that left a bad taste in my mouth was how Benelli was giving away their hats if you would give them a different one. They had a huge container with roughly 75% being hats from other companies at the convention. I couldn't imagine going by their booth and seeing a ton of my promotional items in their giant, see-through "trash can", if I were one of those companies. I don't know, it just made me feel bad for companies like Sinclair, whose hat was the most discarded. It kind of seemed like Benelli was doing it in poor taste, especially with it being see-through. But, it's their deal and they can do what they want.

For the most part, people seem well-behaved and courteous. I walked out with a ton of free swag. Wifey got a couple shirts, and she got a chance to see and feel the sig p938 she really wants... the one with the rainbow finish lol. Looking forward to next year!

Also, we ran into the 65 traffic today, but luckily were able to exit and take some back roads, by-passing the traffic jam.

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    Was not able to make this years Event. Can anyone give some insight on when and where the 2016 NRA National meeting will be held ? A search on the internet shows it being located in Louisville, KY ?

Correct. Louisville, May 20-22, 2016.

I went down Thursday, met up with some friends at their farm, and we spent around 4 hours shooting everything we had. Four shotguns, five ARs, 8 pistols, a Remington 700 in .30-06, a Savage 17HMR, etc. etc. etc.

Friday exhibit hall wandering, Saturday helped teach a Shooter Self-Care class (what to do when you have a medical emergency or someone gets shot at the range), then lunch then headed home. Got stuck on 65 for a while, finally took an exit and went back roads for a while to get past it.

Good times, going next year.

Ben Nelson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corner of Walk & Dont Walk
    Hey, INGOers . . . Anybody win anything from the WALL OF GUNS? Me neither.

Had a good time and bought a N82 holster. I got a chance to check out the new Glock 43 and compare versus the 26. Each has advantages over the other. Also, finally got a chance to see and handle the new FNS 9c. Feels real good with the pinky extension, and the trigger feels a bit better than my full-size FNS 9.

Like most folks, I got caught up in the traffic . . . 8 hours to drive 300 miles last evening.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The single stack Walther CCP 9mm that felt SOOOOO good last year must of got all worn out from thousands of dry fires at shows. I tried every one they had on display and the triggers were horrible dry & gritty feeling. Did anyone else notice?

The new Glock 43 felt ok. Maybe a little too small in my hand. Same ol' vague Glock trigger as all the rest though.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I saw one younger looking lad with a indianagunowners IN flag patch on his backpack on Saturday.... by the time I recognized and went to introduce myself the crowd swallowed him up and he was gone.

All in all it was a great event.... I am pretty excited that Kriss is now offering the super v in 9mm

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    It was a fun weekend. The wife and i arrived friday around noon. We walked the the show friday then went to yeagers party before catching the concert. Saturday was spent at the show. It was pretty busy but i seen and talked to everyone i had planned too. I can't say enough good things about benchmade. They tuned up and sharpened a handful of my knives. When inspecting a lonewolf (made by benchmade) they found the lock to not be fully functional. So they are replacing the knife. You can't ask for better service. I also talked with burris about an mtac30 i have. Just a small issue with the illumination not fully turning off. Just like benchmade, they said no worries i'd be getting a replacement. The number one thing i wanted to do was ask Steve Lauer a couple of questions about the new products that DuraCoat had released since the time I attended DuraCoat University. He was more than happy to take time away from his both and answer all my questions. All in all it was a good time. Just an FYI, don't call any of the cab companies and request an American driver, they don't exist in Nashville.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    We had a great week in Nashville; went down a week ago Monday & came home on Monday, no traffic problems either way (must have hit everything just right). Was at the convention all 3 days (working the SASS booth on Friday). All-in-all, I think it was better than Indy; while the Nashville traffic sucks, the convention center was better/nicer. There is just something about Nashville (the music, IMHO) that seems more inviting. Also, hit the Opry on Saturday night; can't go wrong with Charlie Daniels Band.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Drove down on Friday and ot there about 1:30pm. Went into the convention hall (pre-ordered our passes, so just walked right in) and was immediately almost run down by Donald Trump, Donald Jr. and their entourage. Surprisingly, The Donald was in the lead with his security detail in tow.

Saw almost everything there was to see over the next day and a half. Met Dana Loesch and got a signed copy of her book for my Better-half. Managed to exercise much self-control, but a visit to the Uberti display will probably cost me ~$500 (1858 New Army Model carrtrige conversion). Good crowd. Most folks there were very polite, but I wish some people hauling their BoBs around would be a little more conscious of the soft-sided battering rams on their backs.

Enjoyed the city. Found a nice Irish restaurant/pub the first night, and a Memphis-style BBQ place the next. Then we hit a cigar bar on the strip and people watched from the 2nd floor.

The drive home on Sunday sucked! Took about 2 1/2 hours longer than it should have. EVERYONE must have taken the GPS suggested re-route. It was no bargain. I think they have been working on that stretch of interstate for over six years now.

LOUISVILLE 2016!!!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom