• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    He has an A rating. Coats voted for the Brady Bill and the Assault Weapons Ban. You seem surprised. We Republicans really screwed the pooch in the primary. I didn't vote for him. There were too many alternative candidates that split up the vote.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    What's surprising about that? Considering his opponent, and the fact that the NRA doesn't normally back third parties, an Ellsworth endorsement isn't surprising.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Gotta look beyond the 2nd Amendment. He also voted to extend the Patriot act, violating the 4th and 5th amendments. He voted for the TARP bills, for the so-called stimulus, the Wall-Street Take-over bill, and the biggie - the WE OWN ALL OF YOU Health Care Confiscation bill.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Gotta look beyond the 2nd Amendment. He also voted to extend the Patriot act, violating the 4th and 5th amendments. He voted for the TARP bills, for the so-called stimulus, the Wall-Street Take-over bill, and the biggie - the WE OWN ALL OF YOU Health Care Confiscation bill.

We do, but the NRA ratings are based just on selected gun votes.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    What's surprising about that? Considering his opponent, and the fact that the NRA doesn't normally back third parties, an Ellsworth endorsement isn't surprising.

yeah the NRA is in bed with the republicans and democrats. the NRA is as dirty as both the parties are. screw the NRA. I will wipe my butt with my lifetime membership. thats what it means to me.

coats is a dirty traitor to the United States. He broke his oath the first time. why would anyone in half their right mind give him a second chance to do it again. which im sure he will do. vote for coats and your a dummy. vote for ellsworth and your a dummy too.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    yeah the NRA is in bed with the republicans and democrats. the NRA is as dirty as both the parties are. screw the NRA. I will wipe my butt with my lifetime membership. thats what it means to me.

coats is a dirty traitor to the United States. He broke his oath the first time. why would anyone in half their right mind give him a second chance to do it again. which im sure he will do. vote for coats and your a dummy. vote for ellsworth and your a dummy too.

I actually agree with you. But it leaves me where I don't know what to do. Vote for the Libertarian or some other party that will be happy to get 5%?

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    I actually agree with you. But it leaves me where I don't know what to do. Vote for the Libertarian or some other party that will be happy to get 5%?

Gotta start some where. I we don't change now, then we're going to keep going the same way we've been going for years now. It takes one person at a time.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

Okay, are you happy now, I gotta spread some rep around before I can get you again. Stop it! Just stop it!:rockwoot:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The NRA might be a "one-issue" organization, and Ellsworth may not have done anything blatantly anti-2A. But an "A" rating? What has he done to help the cause??

Gun rights are not safe when we are electing collectivists like Brad Ellsworth.

This is shameful.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    NRA is pragmatic. While I personally am supporting Rebecca Sink-Burris there is a reality and that is that she cannot win. NRA may see a race where there is a clearly pro-gun candidate and that candidate has very little chance of even getting 10% of the vote so they will endorse a candidate who actually can win.

Its odd that the NRA endorsed anyone in this race.

GOA ranks Dan Coats a "C" while giving Brad Ellsworth a "D" rating and Burris an "A" rating. GOA does not endorse, they simply grade candidates.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond

:+1: I'll have to give you a rep when I get some more. Well said.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

And none of those are the concern of the NRA. Only gun rights are. Surely we are educated enough to study the other issues, and make our choices, without needing a special interest group to do so for us? The NRA's endorsement is only one part of the information I'll be processing as I choose who to vote for. In this case, given the other issues, I'm not overly excited by the concept of voting for Ellsworth, but I may. The Republicans chose to put up a liberal, and I've decided that I will actively work to defeat any Republican candidate that is not a conservative until the party gets the hint that by turning their back on their base, and chasing moderate voters, they will not get their candidates elected. I'm unlikely to vote Libertarian, I find them no better than the far left, so that limits my field of choices.

Top Bottom