• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Another yuuuge gun board has little badges for military and NRA instructor and life members. Seems like a cool idea.

in the interest of disclosure, I am an NRA member, but not .mil

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Another yuuuge gun board has little badges for military and NRA instructor and life members. Seems like a cool idea.

in the interest of disclosure, I am an NRA member, but not .mil

I've seen those. Would like to see them here.

I personally don't want anything that resembles a badge. Seems too much of an invitation to trouble.

:dunno: How so?

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Given that this is a public forum, I think that I would shy away from badges. I prefer to hide in plain sight. I know.... Being on here puts me in the gun enthusiast camp. Some affiliations you just can't hide.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    already have one from the NRA, AND the GOA. The NRA will sell you out in a second if it isn't about hunting...

Not a veteran though, they don't make Peace Corps badges and my eyes weren't good enough to join up with the military.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    This is what he's talking about. They are just little icons under the user info. Taken from random member on ARFCOM that had both the NRA and the ARMY icons. IIRC there are a couple of other icons as well.

ofrcm0.jpg

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    As we are a smaller, Volunteer Moderated, Forum.. personally this seems like a lot of extra work, for little gain. You can accomplish the same thing in your personal Signatures.

IMHO, YMMW, IDSAAHILN, not the official opinion of INGO and/or its ownership

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    On the Air Force forum I frequent (significantly smaller than INGO) there are a number of things like this. The only one I have is the Air Force Retiree pin. There are badges for Security Forces, TACP, etc. There are also insignia for winning the "Death Pool" (yes they have one), being a prior/current Military Training Instructor (MTI), a recruiter, etc, etc.

I like forum bling! The Hap Arnold Wing and Star (not that abomination of a boomerang-looking emblem that is on every plane and water tower now) and an NRA patch would be cool by me and most awesome.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Considering it is ARFCOM, do they have a badge for
    BANNED FOR LIFE AND EVERY TIME YOU TRY TO SNEAK AROUND AND REJOIN AND WE CATCH YOU? :):

Me and ARFCOM really never saw eye to eye. I tried it way back in the early 90's and it didn''t matter what I said or did there. One of their mods knew me in the real world and hated me for the fact that I knew a lot more about firearms than he did at the time. He also envied my 2500+firearm collection, which was sort of why I knew about so many different firearms plus I was still a gun smith at the time working on the area police departments machineguns. (pre-police armorers) I could post a simple approval of some thing and get banned by the guy...it became a game, let's see how many times I can get banned by the same place and still not care. I used proxies and Tor and had an email address on every free place I could think of back then. I gave up a while back and never cared one bit for not being there. I am more of an AK guy anyway.

Last edited:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    The ONLY thing I go to ARFCOM for now is the HAM section. Very good sub forum with lots of knowledgeable people and none of the normal ARF attitude. I swear it's like a different forum.

I quit reading and posting anyplace else over there after the PSA BCG debacle.

From one of the mods over there. INGO's filter edited the text, he typed it out in all it's high class glory.

For ****'s sake, just shoot it. I swear to God, there's more stupid ****ing rambling about gas keys lately than I've seen in twelve ****ing years. You want to send it back because a bunch of people you don't know told you something they saw someone else they didn't know post on an internet forum? Feel free. Not like BCG's are sitting on shelves gathering dust waiting to be sold. Has ANYONE in this thread said ANYTHING about PSA BCG's failing? Or is this four pages of teeth gnashing because someone thinks the staking is going to go south before a single ****ing shot is fired out of the thing?
    What the **** ever happened to "shoot it and see what happens"? Or "If it's not broke don't fix it"? Now this guy is convinced his rifle is going to blow up in his face and he's never even used what appears to be a perfectly servicable BCG.

Stay classy ARFCOM. :toilet2:

Top Bottom