• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    What: NRA Basic Pistol Course - Teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and operating a pistol safely.
    When: Saturday, November 12th from 7:45AM to approximately 5:30PM. With instruction beginning at 8:00AM sharp. Please plan to be there at least until 5:30, if not later.
    Where: Marion County Fish and Game. Directions can be found here.
    How long: At least 8 hours (5 hours classroom instruction and 3+ hours of range time).
    How Much: $100
    Who: Chris Pope, NRA Certified Instructor, NRA Range Safety Officer and MCF&G Safety Director.You can read about me at my MCF&G Bio page.
    For More Information and to Register: Read about the course and click the NRA Course Registration Page link at the bottom to fill out the online registration form and send in your payment via PayPal or check to ensure you have a seat in the class.

What is included in the course:
    - Knowledgeable, friendly, personal instruction in the classroom and on the range covering the safe and accurate use of a handgun from a certified instructor.
    - The NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Student packet includes: NRA Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting Handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules Brochure, Basic Practical Rocker and Flyer, Basic Firearm Training Program Brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program Booklet, Concealed Carry Holster Guide, Basic Pistol Student Exam, and Basic Pistol Course Certificate.
    - Extra stuff provided for the course:
    - Shooting goggles, shooting earmuffs, disposable foam earplugs.
    - Empty chamber flag.
    - Gun safety lock.
    - Notepad, pen, etc.
    - Coffee and donuts and a pizza lunch at no extra charge.
    - A safe, fun learning experience.

Some comments from my past students:

• [FONT=&quot]"Content, delivery, etc. - fantastic"[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]"Course was well laid out and the instructor was very knowledgeable and prepared."[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]"The entire crew was very positive and focused..."[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]"Awesome, exhilarating, absolutely fantastic. Chris is an awesome instructor, very knowledgeable and patient."
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]"Chris is a good instructor who enjoys what he does."[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]"Chris was an exceptionally good and personable instructor."[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The course cost was a great deal - materials, instruction, food and drinks, range time, etc."[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]"Slides were excellent, amount of discussion was excellent and having personal instruction on the firing range was outstanding. Just an excellent class."[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]"Chris - amazingly knowledgeable and patient and positive and supportive."[/FONT]
    Please feel free to PM me or send me an email at: safety@indyrange.org

I am looking forward this last course of 2011. I hope to see you there.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    Three people have already registered fro the class, leaving 7 spots left and I expect them to fill quickly as the November 12th approaches.

One note: If you have not purchased a handgun yet, don't do so prior to this class. You will learn a lot that will help you in selecting a handgun including caliber options, size, weight, type (revolver vs. semi-auto), etc. I have several of both revolver and semi-autos from 22LR up to .45ACP that you can use and I provide the ammunition. You can try different ones so that you can make a more informed decision when you go to buy.

Feel free to PM or email me with any questions or concerns.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    There are still seats available for this last Basic Pistol course for 2011.

I should have an assistant instructor available, so there should be plenty of one-on-one range-time for all students.

Please feel free to PM me or email me with any questions about the course.

I hope to see you there.

Sincerely,
    Chris

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    Four Left

There are only four seats left for this course. Three of the six that have registered have done so in the past week.

I expect the remaining seats to fill up quickly as it is only two weeks away.

If you are interested in taking this course, please don't hesitate since this will be the last one I offer this year.

As always, feel free to PM or email me with any questions about the course.

Also, I created a web site: www.TrainToBeSafe.com. It's pretty basic right now but I plan on expanding it over time.

I also created a Facebook page for easier/quicker communication about me and what is going on as far as training opportunities I am offering as well as other related stuff.

Sincerely,

Chris

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    are there still some spots left? thinking of seeing if my son would like to attend it. hes been showing a lot of interest in guns and shooting.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    are there still some spots left? thinking of seeing if my son would like to attend it. hes been showing a lot of interest in guns and shooting.

Yes, there are four seats open for the course. You can read more about the course at the MCF&G Training Page.

You can also read more about me at my new Facebook page and website. Both are new and are very much a work-in-progress.

I hope to see you and your son on November 12th.

Sincerely,

Chris

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    2 seats

There are only two seats left open for the class. If you are interested in the course, please register as soon as possible. I expect these two seats to be filled shortly since I had several folks take a business card after the orientation at the MCF&G November membership meeting.

I also put a poll on my Facebook page about interest in the NRA's Refuse To Be A Victim course. If you are so inclined, please take the poll and feel free to "Like" me as well.

If you have any questions about this course or any other, please feel free to IM or email.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    Class is full

This class is now full. Thanks to all who registered.

It should be a great class and the weather is looking good.

See you on Saturday at 7:45AM for the meet-n-greet with coffee, juice and donuts. Instruction will start promptly at 8:00AM.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    Good luck with the class Chris! And to all who have signed up, this is a fine class and Chris is an excellent instructor. You will learn quite a bit from him.

Thanks Joe. I am looking forward to another great class. Feel free to stop in if you'd like. Otherwise I'll see you on the range.

Sincerely,
    Chris

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    Thanks for the EXCELLENT class! I learned a lot more than I expected. :ingo:

Perry, I am glad you enjoyed the class. It was a lot of fun and we covered A LOT of material. Everyone was great and we had a lot of good shooters at the end of the day.

I was really impressed at how quickly you absorbed all the material we covered and how well you applied it on the range. You are by far one of the best students I've had.

I will be sending an email in about a month to check in on how folks are doing with their shooting.

Of course if you have any questions about anything we covered in the class, anything in the guide, or really...anything at all...please feel free to send me an email.

I hope to see you on the range.

Sincerely,
    Chris

Shotts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Absolutely fantastic course on Sat. Nov. 12th. Chris and Joe are extraordinarily knowledgeable and passionate about firearms. I am very much a beginner and I know a lot more now than I did before, in just one day! Two great instructors that can teach in an effective way. I went to the range the next day and felt very confident handling and shooting my revolver. I look forward to more practice and training courses. I will encourage other women to become gun owners and learn how to protect themselves. With a lot more practice and further instruction, I don't think I'll be afraid of a darn thing!

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    Absolutely fantastic course on Sat. Nov. 12th. Chris and Joe are extraordinarily knowledgeable and passionate about firearms. I am very much a beginner and I know a lot more now than I did before, in just one day! Two great instructors that can teach in an effective way. I went to the range the next day and felt very confident handling and shooting my revolver. I look forward to more practice and training courses. I will encourage other women to become gun owners and learn how to protect themselves. With a lot more practice and further instruction, I don't think I'll be afraid of a darn thing!

I am glad you had a good time. I am impressed by how quickly you absorbed all the material and how well you were shooting at the end of the day. You were by far one of the best students I've had. Not only in your shooting but also in your attitude. You have a true desire to learn and I hope you continue to do.

Encouraging other women you become gun owners and to get training is terrific. I must commend you on doing so. Feel free to pass on my contact information for any questions they may have. I am very interested in getting more ladies involved in shooting. I am considering hosting a Ladies-only course if there is enough interest. There are already two that said they want to take the course, perhaps a Ladies-only class will seal-the-deal for them and for others.

I hope to see you on the range.

Sincerely,

Chris

Top Bottom