• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John224

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    239   0   1
    Apr 8, 2010
    West Indianapolis
    I think a majority of people have political opinions, however, if the companies that "publicly", come out of the closet, (no pun intended), would just go with their believes and not make a public statement we would be much better off. That way there is no debate and we go on with our lives as we desire.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    How ironic, a security company takes a stand against lawful, security minded NRA members. Pure genius. I had the good fortune to return a SimpliSafe system which I purchased on Black Friday when the new model was announced prior to my 60 day return window closing. I’m glad I never had the time to install it, otherwise I might have been lazy and kept it. I was going to buy the new generation equipment, but they’re out. Check out their forums, I’m proud of these people!

https://simplisafe.com/forum/customer-support-forum/getting-simplisafe/simplisafe-cuts-ties-with-nra

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    REI went way out of their way to take a political stance against the NRA. They've never sold firearms or anything controversial, but they claim that they want their supplier to speak up because that supplier deals with Savage Arms. REI must have confidence in their following because this means they aren't going to be able to carry some common brands like Camelbak.

I canceled my 25-year membership and will also send them my cut-up REI Mastercard.

https://newsroom.rei.com/company-in...tement-on-relationship-with-vista-outdoor.htm

From my perspective, this sudden trend in companies taking a domestic political stance is new, at least to this level. It will be interesting to see where this leads not just in terms of gun rights but in overall political and corporate behavior. Perhaps gun companies are going to have to continue to move to conservative states, and those states need companies that will lead the way for our banking, shopping, etc. ??

Top Bottom