• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marshall74

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Michigan
    So I was sitting here and the phone rings, the caller ID says NRA. So I answer it. The woman on the other end, wanted me to listen to a message on HR 45 and I agreed. The message was about a minute or so and by the end of it I was fuming. I dont have to tell you that HR 45 is BS or a infringement on our 2nd Amendment rights. So she wanted know know Iif I was willing to join for 5 years, I say I would like to but money is real tight for me right now, then offered me a 3 year membership, told her I couldnt do that either. So my final choice was a 1 year membership for $35 and thats the one I took. So I will be getting the paper work in the mail, and will be sending them the membership fee in the next couple of weeks.
    I hope that this new attack on law abiding people falls by the wayside. Why is it when criminals, F up the rest of us end up paying for it? I dont know I'm just fed up with all of the morons in government.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I do not join a lot of organizations because a lot of time they are self serving and lobby for crap.

The NRA is our biggest friend. It doesn't matter if you shoot every day or once a year, if you believe that humans have the right to defend their life and the lives of their friends of their the NRA is your friend.

I have not agreed with everything the NRA has done in the past, but I have no shame in being a lifetime member. The NRA is one of the only national voices we have. Vote Freedom First, that is what the NRA is about, not just the 2nd A, but the fact that if we loose any we wont have any!!!

I know money is tight for a lot of people, but I know for a fact that if you can afford a membership to the NRA do it. Past that if you can't afford the membership donate $5 or $10 to them.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Don't forget about the Gun Owners of America! They're a lesser known organization to a degree, but they fight even harder for our Second Amendment rights than the NRA. And they spend a whole lot less of your money on branded items and repetitive advertisement. Don't get me wrong, those things help to get more people on board to fight back against gun grabbers, but sometimes I feel they're missing their mark. :twocents:

Check them out here > Gun Owners of America

You'll be glad you did.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    I wish I had known you had thought about joining. I have five or six $10 off a 1 year membership coupons they've sent me, and I'm a Life Member, so I need to spread them around.

You know, I think I'll post them in the Pay it Forward thread...

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Don't forget about the Gun Owners of America! They're a lesser known organization to a degree, but they fight even harder for our Second Amendment rights than the NRA. And they spend a whole lot less of your money on branded items and repetitive advertisement. Don't get me wrong, those things help to get more people on board to fight back against gun grabbers, but sometimes I feel they're missing their mark. :twocents:

You'll be glad you did.

+1 for everything in red. I kind of agree with the rest of the stuff, however I will not bash anyone that tries to keep our freedom (even if it is sometimes misguided).

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south

You'll be glad you did.
    + 1 for GOA!

They don't compromise the way the NRA does.

Marshall74

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Michigan
    Wow thank you all for you insight. It is very appreciated and I will be looking into the other organizations as well. If I could afford it, I would have gotten the lifetime membership, but one year is a good start.
    Thanks again everyone.

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I think it's clear that we will not always agree with everything that an organization does or stands for, but if we don't realize the value of being united with millions of other gun owners to fight for our freedom, we don't have a prayer's chance in Hades of maintaining ANY piece of our 2A rights. Let's stop wasting time arguing with like-minded folks and turn our attention to the real problem!

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    The NRA is the one that has the clout due to the numbers. Keeping their numbers high in order to keep politicians in fear is our only saving grace. I know there are a few on here that like to bash them but I have also heard gun writers, gun makers and professional shooters say more than once that the NRA does a lot more than we ever hear about.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

You'll be glad you did.

I've been a GOA member since 2000 when I stopped paying the nra money to stab me in back.

That said I am currently an nra member simply because of their free membership deal and so I can vote next time around.

Only way the nra will get money from me again is if they start supporting ALL firearms and start pushing for them all.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I took advantage of the free 1 year membership offer from the NRA, and will be taking their offer to renew early for $25. I'm also volunteering to man a phone and write letters and emails, as time permits.

I may not agree with everything they do, but they are certainly the 800 pound gorilla in the room when it comes to gun rights, and I intend to help feed that gorilla!

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    I've been a GOA member since 2000 when I stopped paying the nra money to stab me in back.

That said I am currently an nra member simply because of their free membership deal and so I can vote next time around.

Only way the nra will get money from me again is if they start supporting ALL firearms and start pushing for them all.
    Very well said.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    The NRA is the one that has the clout due to the numbers. Keeping their numbers high in order to keep politicians in fear is our only saving grace. I know there are a few on here that like to bash them but I have also heard gun writers, gun makers and professional shooters say more than once that the NRA does a lot more than we ever hear about.
    well said... thats exactly what the NRA is for... and the reason i chose them over the others that are available

I have been thinking about it
    dont go out to eat ONE TIME and just do it... you will feel better Immediataly

they have to choose their battles... america will never jump right into total freedom so unless we take baby steps and win one battle at a time we will loose... first stop the erosion of the 2a then start to build it back up... who really thinks we can get the 2a 100% back in ONE sweeping move?

I'm getting sick of the massive amount of paper mail the NRA sends me. Your membership is about to expire! In two years!
    call them and ask to be put on the DO NOT MAIL list... the mailings will virtually cease. keep in mind though.. these mailings is what brings in new members and revenue for the cause.

Top Bottom