• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I think that if they remain in NY they are gonna be in hostile territory no matter who the leadership is. I think that a 2a friendly state should reap the benefits of the NRA not NY.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump doesn't need my money to win the election.

The NRA just might need the money to educate all the new woke gun owners how their vote effects their 2A rights. ;)
    :rolleyes: this whole line of reasoning, “um, eh, ya, okay, I guess they’re corrupt. BUT WE NEED THEM!” is irrational. There will never be such a time, you will always say that we need them too much now, and their corruption will never be reigned in if everyone thought like that. The NRA will be lost sooner with WLP than without him. We need a CREDIBLE NRA to represent and serve law abiding gun owners.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think that if they remain in NY they are gonna be in hostile territory no matter who the leadership is. I think that a 2a friendly state should reap the benefits of the NRA not NY.

Is the NRA "in" New York, any more than they're "in" Indiana, or California, or Texas? I thought they were a Delaware corporation, with HQ in Fairfax, VA.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Is the NRA "in" New York, any more than they're "in" Indiana, or California, or Texas? I thought they were a Delaware corporation, with HQ in Fairfax, VA.

I do not know how much the NRA spends on assets in NY, vs Indiana or any other state. I think having assets in NY is not good, but it may very well be necessary.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Apply this logic to voting for R's vs D's so I can understand the similarities and differences.

:rolleyes: this whole line of reasoning, “um, eh, ya, okay, I guess they’re corrupt. BUT WE NEED THEM!” is irrational. There will never be such a time, you will always say that we need them too much now, and their corruption will never be reigned in if everyone thought like that. The NRA will be lost sooner with WLP than without him. We need a CREDIBLE NRA to represent and serve law abiding gun owners.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Apply this logic to voting for R's vs D's so I can understand the similarities and differences.
    It’s not as applicable in a two party voting system. With the NRA, it’s not the case that we have a binary choice where the other choice could actually be worse than WLP.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I'm not enamored with Wayne and wouldn't cry if a suitable replacement came along. I do think it is important to pick people who have been loyal to the organization to prevent a hostile takeover that would weaken or even destroy the association. I've heard enemies of the NRA make statements which on the surface sound somewhat reasonable and they purport to speak for the membership when, if fact, they want to take us down. Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well, between the supposed friends that want to starve the NRA of donations to a pristine organization and enemies that are trying to just shut the NRA down, congratulations to both camps, I have received NO NRA election materials at all this election cycle.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Well, between the supposed friends that want to starve the NRA of donations to a pristine organization and enemies that are trying to just shut the NRA down, congratulations to both camps, I have received NO NRA election materials at all this election cycle.

Of course not. Wayne spent the mailing money on suits.

Allegedly

Last edited:
    Top Bottom