• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Man, at first I thought LEO meant Law Enforcement Officer.

Louisville Eccentric Observer

The launching platform for Anti Gun Congressman John Yarmuth (His son has it now.....) Back in the 80's it was less political and mostly advertised hookers in the back, but to a music fan like me it was something to pick up so you knew who was playing at Tewligans that week....

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    40 minutes from paying for parking to getting parked.
    Parked us in a grass field.
    Rained hard while in show and waded thru mud to get to car.
    People were getting vehicles stuck in the mud.

BoilerMakerME

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Yea, i'd recommend for anyone going, get there at sun up and hang out in the car or nap, bring breakfast with you or anything other than sit in traffic. Left motel at Fern Valley exit at 8:15, parked around 9 am (should have been tops 15 min drive). Heard guys around 9:30~10am ish talking about 4 mile long back up. Then you could leave at 3 or 4pm, get the same time in at the show and not get in another hr or two of traffic. It was 30 mph all the way back into Indiana at around 3pm.

I also heard some vendors running out of free stuff by noon, and even certain size's of shirts, etc. They might have a certain allotment per day, but as the day went on there was just as much gridlock inside the show. Also BRING CASH, couple vendors had wi-fi issue's with credit cards and a couple didn't even take cards.
    Awesome time though, talked with some great people, and seen some very interesting things.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    We got there a little early, parked not too deep in parking lot and walked in, registered and got to entrance of hall at 8:30. We did the show, then left around 3:45 or so, got in our car and drove out. No big waits on either end. We must have just timed it right.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Went today, traffic and parking were a complete cluster.
    I did enjoy the show once inside. Lots of cool stuff, Daniel Defense has some cool new AR mags, they hold 32 rounds, I bought one for $20 to try it out.
    Also bought a Magpul stock I have been needing directly from Magpul, they had all of their stuff there at decent prices, no shipping and no sales tax, that is always nice.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We spent more time in the car on the Kentucky side of the river. Traffic SUCKED!!

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    For those that are heading in tomorrow. The Expo Center/Fair Grounds can be a real cluster. There is no rhyme or reason to Louisville traffic, except it will be a mess if it rains. Over flow parking is in grass and will get messy if it rains.

Parrthed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2016
    Charlestown
    Waited in traffic on ring road for about an hour, show was fantastic though.

It it was my first show and it was bigger than I anticipated

Got to fondle some sweet toys that are on my short list and meet some awesome people

the rain kinda sucked but I was out by 4.

Looked like some people may have a time getting out of the mud though

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Leave early and Bring your own food!!! Stuck on I65 for 30 minutes this morning trying to get off the freeway.

Food sucked big time. $3.5 for a 20oz water.

I enjoyed it very much so did my 5yo son. His first NRAAM.

Dropped $250 at Geissele booth for 4 QMS, 2 ACT triggers. Free hats from Gemtech and CZ.

Sig booth is great, had a little chat with John Hollister(former AAC), very nice guy. didn't stop at Magpul.

Most impressive gun is the SMG45(with a fun switch) at LWRC, what a booner.

This place is massive, isles are wide, I had no problems pushing a stroller, best decision I made. Kid got tired pretty quick.

good lighting, air is clean, didn't get crop dusted.

Dave A

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Hancock Co.
    I just got home from the convention, Indianapolis to the backup for exit 131 in Louisville took 2 hours 15 minutes. Traffic wasn't too bad on the drive south, just a little slow in the construction zones. BUT, from the end of the backup at exit 131 to the time I walked into the exhibit hall was 3 hours. I was pissed, 1 guy was directing traffic everybody else including the police were standing around shooting the bull. I don't think the Kentucky Expo Center gives a damn about the NRA convention. The show was OK but I did get some info on a place to hunt hogs in Alabama.

DN40SW

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2016
    Avon
    Went as well......traffic sucked big one.....got lots of free swag....saw lots of cool stuff.....Went to free concert..it was ok. I thought I saw someone in a camo kilt???? Naw couldn't be....
    If you get a chance check out Big Sky Outfitters..repped by a local Hendricks Co. gentleman & wife, good people. Going again tomorrow, trying to get there early...

Top Bottom