• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyColtsFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I'll be heading down on Friday with my dad. I'm a patron life member, but he is not an NRA member. Can he get into the expo hall or does he need to join the NRA to get a pass into the hall? Is there anyway for me to get him a pass with my membership?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I'll be heading down on Friday with my dad. I'm a patron life member, but he is not an NRA member. Can he get into the expo hall or does he need to join the NRA to get a pass into the hall? Is there anyway for me to get him a pass with my membership?

Its the NRA annual meeting, so you have to be an NRA member to attend.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I'll be staying at a 5 star (see location)! I'm taking my teenage grandsons to their first NRA convention. They both have brand new NRA membership cards. We're planning to go to the exhibit hall on Saturday.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We got our passes today from when we preregistered back whenever.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Can these be purchased at the door then? I will be coming through Louisville on Saturday and might stop by and look around if I can get a $10 ticket there. Looked on the site and did not see any details on this anywhere.

You're able to register at the convention. Not sure if $10 is correct.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I took a friend's friend from Japan over there in Nashville.

If I remembered correctly, an adult guest must be accompanied by a member to get in with a guest pass. They don't sell stand alone guest passes.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I got my pre-registration put in this weekend. Hope it gets here in time. I'm planning to take Friday off and go. The weekend is booked solid with stuff.

smcgee

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2014
    Greenville
    Ok besides everything guns what would a noob expect to see at a NRA convention? I don't usually like navigating big crowds so I'm still debating attendance.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ok besides everything guns what would a noob expect to see at a NRA convention? I don't usually like navigating big crowds so I'm still debating attendance.

smcgee, ah, got to do it once! Even if you are less than "pro-crowd".:D

What you will see:

1. First and foremost, you'll want to check out the Indiana State Rifle & Pistol Association booth.:D
    2. All kinds of gun manufacturers.
    3. Holster makers, aftermarket parts, suppressors, ammo makers, inter alia.
    4. Collectors' Row--See collections of Rugers, machine guns, Colts, High Standard, you name it.
    5. Knife makers (do not cut yourself on the Cold Steel baat jam dao as someone on INGO may have done in Indianapolis).
    6. Hunting. Hunts (and fishing) across the globe. Meet me at the Argentina booths to drool and cry.:D
    7. The NRA store for NRA gear--books, clothing, coffee cups, etc.
    8. All kinds of seminars--self defense, hunting, collecting. I hit the CLE all day on Friday.
    9. And . . . there is actual Association business.

What you need:

1. Empty messenger bag (you will scoop up a bunch of catalogues).
    2. Shoes that will tolerate an all day walk.
    3. Water (in your bag).
    4. Maybe peanuts, an apple or a granola bar if you must eat.
    5. Baby wipes for your hands (you will be coonfingering a bunch of stuff that everyone else has).

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I don't like big crowds either, but at the last few NRA Annual Meetings I've attended there were very courteous crowds at the exhibit hall, as far as big crowds go. I've volunteered before and it was fun, but very tiring after 3 days. Usually all the latest gear, including new gun designs are on display and can be handled. You can get information overload pretty quickly. I've attended the business meetings and although dry, they are informative. I've attended a dinner and entertainment and it was top notch, but it usually leans heavily country-western. There are seminars and workshops that can be useful for a noob. A lot of the functions outside the exhibit hall require special tickets. You really need to look online and see what floats your boat.

Top Bottom