Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Did you just call him a HOOKER? :dunno:

I did not call anybody anything.
    I was merely asking for clarification.

On a side note:
    Steel Mills used to have a job class, people that would hook loads up to crane hooks.
    Guess what their title was.
    And guess how funny it was to put that on paper if they were laid off.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I did not call anybody anything.
    I was merely asking for clarification.

On a side note:
    Steel Mills used to have a job class, people that would hook loads up to crane hooks.
    Guess what their title was.
    And guess how funny it was to put that on paper if they were laid off.

WOW!
    You guys had hookers on the clock? Talk about perks.

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    I made a big mistake, went to Rock River booth and thought it was Rock Island , and ask to see a 10mm, the guy told me I was at the wrong booth he said
    "they make chevettes and we make corvettes" then I realized the mistake, So I looked at their 1911's , and they are very nice, the polymer frame 1911 however I did not care for it, that thing was as wide as a double stack grip, and I like original 1911's.
    It was a nice show and having bad hips made for a really tough day, made me realize just how bad I need hip replacement surgery.

vincess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2017
    Indy
    My kid and I realize this. They had to defend the convention to other classmates with that exact fact. Even had to bring in the stats from the convention from 5 years ago to get the point across. But it falls on brainwashed ears.

Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    If by middle aged you mean 47, and by swag you mean 40% off VIP cards from Safariland, Surefire, 5.11, or discounts on Resco watches, or Emerson knives, or a ton of 25 year anny. Magpul swag, you’re right?

My gray man appearance was so good, some of the booth people acted like I wasn’t there:)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My kid and I realize this. They had to defend the convention to other classmates with that exact fact. Even had to bring in the stats from the convention from 5 years ago to get the point across. But it falls on brainwashed ears.

Your kids did a good job.
    :yesway:

Even if it didn't work. Tell them to keep up the good work.
    Some people will never be convinced, even with proof right in front of them. They are so wedded to an idea.
    But, occasionally, someone can be convinced.

I had a shipmate ask me about "assault weapons".
    All he heard was heated emotional responses from BOTH sides.
    So, I gave several pro-arguments.
    And I gave him several anti-arguments.. then debunked them.
    I gave him some places to look on the internet.
    Told him to look at both sides, it's the only way to learn.

He wasn't anti-gun though, he just was neutral.
    After he listened, and looked more up, he became convinced that the anti side was wrong.
    Then I visited him once, and took him shooting.
    He had a good time.

Herr Vogel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2018
    Rossburg
    When I went up to Indianapolis last weekend, I did so fully expecting to see protesters on the streets and internal dissent on the convention floor.
    Instead, I spent two days walking around fondling firearms and talking shop with the smaller manufacturers.
    I still don't know whether to be disappointed or relieved. Maybe I was in the wrong spot to see all the drama?

And I gave him several anti-arguments.. then debunked them.

Just for reference, what were those arguments? Depending on how they were presented, you could be accused of attacking a strawman.
    Not trying to discount your commendable work, just playing Devil's Advocate. Because you know the Antis won't pull any punches.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    When I went up to Indianapolis last weekend, I did so fully expecting to see protesters on the streets and internal dissent on the convention floor.
    Instead, I spent two days walking around fondling firearms and talking shop with the smaller manufacturers.
    I still don't know whether to be disappointed or relieved. Maybe I was in the wrong spot to see all the drama?

Just for reference, what were those arguments? Depending on how they were presented, you could be accused of attacking a strawman.
    Not trying to discount your commendable work, just playing Devil's Advocate. Because you know the Antis won't pull any punches.

Well, if I remember right..
    Weapons of war don't belong on the street.
    Assault weapons don't belong n the street.

idkfa

personally invading Ukraine (vicariously)
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    Preface.
    Recently shopped around for an extended mag plate for my VP9SK and stumbled upon an interesting gun store from NC.
    Very reasonable prices, shipping charges, and a great website to top it off (I am not affiliated with them, and this is my sincere personal opinion).

Now to the point.
    I found out by accident these guys actually bothered to film an hour-long video each day at the convention!
    They seem to have covered a lot of ground, and for me it was a great chance to catch up on what I've missed (it was, after all, "15 acres of guns and gear").
    Learned quite a bit as well.

Maybe some of you folks will find this useful as well.

Day 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w76CqugaNew

Day 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU23FCS68vQ

Day 3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEZiHHwwjTE

afcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Madison Co.
    Classic Firearms are a tremendous outfit. If you haven’t heard of them, they run some wonderful deals. Well worth subscribing to their email and YouTube, especially if you like milsurp and accessories.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Didn't see if it was listed up-thread, but the NRA announced that there were 81,283 attendees for the Indy AM. Much better than the 73,000 from the previous Indy AM.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Classic Firearms are a tremendous outfit. If you haven’t heard of them, they run some wonderful deals. Well worth subscribing to their email and YouTube, especially if you like milsurp and accessories.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've bought a few guns from them and have never had any problems, but there are a lot of people that don't like them very much. Seems that lately many of their milsurps don't live up to their described condition. Like I said, I never had a problem, but "Sweaty Ben" is brought up a lot on many milsurp forums.

afcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Madison Co.
    I've bought a few guns from them and have never had any problems, but there are a lot of people that don't like them very much. Seems that lately many of their milsurps don't live up to their described condition. Like I said, I never had a problem, but "Sweaty Ben" is brought up a lot on many milsurp forums.

Yeah, I had no idea! I have never had a problem with them. Good prices, quality as described. I just looked that meme up as well, LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom