• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    The biggest problem I have is that Romney will say whatever he thinks his current audience wants to hear. I hate having to select the "lesser of two evils." Frankly, I don't want either of the two clowns in office because I really don't think they're that much different.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    The NRA has a long history of supporting the Republicans and opposing the Democrats regardless of the candidates' actual positions on the only thing that should matter to the NRA (no, not selling commemorative plates and coins!). We've no actual evidence that Romney cares at all about the Second Amendment, just as Captain Morgan said.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Make sure when you vote that your Congress Critter vote counts. That is the best way to rein in Romney from the left. If Romney has to negotiate with the left 2A would be one of his negotiating tools.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I really wish we had a 3rd Party candidate, but if we did.. both of these parties would run said 3rd Party into the ground (only way they ever agree with one another).

Politics is a sport for super rich "men" with only two things on their minds, power and greed.

We are on a downward spiral that neither party can stop.. they both fail to realize they are the problem and not the solution.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The NRA has a long history of supporting the Republicans and opposing the Democrats regardless of the candidates' actual positions on the only thing that should matter to the NRA (no, not selling commemorative plates and coins!).

Really? And you have examples of this?

The NRA has a long history of supporting Republicans and Democrats who support the RKBA.

We've no actual evidence that Romney cares at all about the Second Amendment, just as Captain Morgan said.

Right, other than his signing reform legislation in Massachusetts and his recent rhetoric, including speech to the NRA Annual Meeting in St. Louis.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    I haven't bothered reading any of the posts in this thread yet, so I'll see if I can just get myself up to speed in the middle of page one:
    NRA is the largist gun-banning organization anti 2A! Wayne LaPierre would be out of job if they abolished gun contrrol Mitt Romney assault weapons ban gun grabber!
    Is that about where we are so far?

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Really? And you have examples of this?

The NRA has a long history of supporting Republicans and Democrats who support the RKBA.

Here's one example: Don?t Tell the NRA, but Fred Upton is Anti-Gun | RedState

With all the resources the NRA has at its disposal it seems to be doing very little. Compare them with the activities of the much less well-funded Second Amendment Foundation.

Right, other than his signing reform legislation in Massachusetts and his recent rhetoric, including speech to the NRA Annual Meeting in St. Louis.

Sure, he's progun now when it's convenient to be so. On the other hand:

“We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts; I support them. I won’t chip away at them; I believe they protect us and provide for our safety.”

On the MA AWB: “These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”

Is this guy to be trusted?

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t

As much as any other politician.

ETA: And yes, there is truth behind the National Republican Association's GOP bias; while it's not as strong as its detractors claim, it's certainly more prevalent than its defenders will admit. How much of that is because the NRA is a tool of the GOP and how much is because one of our major national parties has been more willing to make a plank out of gun control than the other is left to the reader to judge.

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

We are going to use RedState? Why not Angel?

Erick's dispute with NRA-PVF is open and obvious.

If the parade of horribles that Double E cites is true, why did Gun Owners of America give Upton an "A-"?

With all the resources the NRA has at its disposal it seems to be doing very little.

To quote Bill Paxton, "I don't know if you're keeping up with current events" but who do you think is engineering and helping to pass wave after wave of pro-RKBA legislation?

Perfect? Of course not. Always back the right horses? Unlikely.

Don't let perfect be the enemy of politicl victory.

Compare them with the activities of the much less well-funded Second Amendment Foundation.

SAF is not without controversial decisions such as its anti-rights position against an INGO member in TN.

SAF does great things but it is a smaller knife.

No. You would trust anyone in politics?:dunno:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I can see someone else is going into the killfile. Some of us have been critical of the NRA's support of Dem politicians in the past (e.g. Harry Reid). They may carefully vote for the official recognized NRA gun legislation, but they are part of putting in place anti-gun power structures.

The idea that an Obama supporter is going to talk about Romney not being sufficient pro-gun is really quite humorous. Reminds me of the Imperial Order of Emperor Jagang...

Top Bottom