• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    In the "For What It's Worth" department:

During my tenure as a member of the NRA Board I served with the following members, all of whom I consider first rate:

Dwight D. Van Horn (retired California sheriff's deputy, with whom I worked very closely)

James W. Porter II (a genteel southern attorney and brilliant legal mind)

Susan Howard (Yep, the actress)

Sandra S. Froman (another very sharp attorney who has worked tirelessly for us for decades)

Oliver L. North (Need I say more?)

Marion P. Hammer (If there was a title for First Lady of US Gun Ownership Rights, it would belong to her hands down)

I didn't get to know Ted Nugent very well, and, like many of the "celebrity" board members he didn't make meetings very often. But the contact I did have with him left me with no doubts concerning his dedication to the cause.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In the "For What It's Worth" department:

During my tenure as a member of the NRA Board I served with the following members, all of whom I consider first rate:

Dwight D. Van Horn (retired California sheriff's deputy, with whom I worked very closely)

James W. Porter II (a genteel southern attorney and brilliant legal mind)

Susan Howard (Yep, the actress)

Sandra S. Froman (another very sharp attorney who has worked tirelessly for us for decades)

Oliver L. North (Need I say more?)

Marion P. Hammer (If there was a title for First Lady of US Gun Ownership Rights, it would belong to her hands down)

I didn't get to know Ted Nugent very well, and, like many of the "celebrity" board members he didn't make meetings very often. But the contact I did have with him left me with no doubts concerning his dedication to the cause.

Thank you for that input. I would believe that all the candidates are dedicated to the cause, I further recognize that the organization must protect itself from Bloomberg plants. However it appears to be just a little more of an insiders group than many gun folks would like. There have been some bungled responses, such as, the bumpstock issue, that I believe could use the fresh thinking of Adam Kraut and his experience.

Votes for other candidates will just reduce the chance to get Adam and a few like him elected. I actually upgraded to Lifetime just to vote for some new folks. I do not know a single candidate personally, I just read a lot and love learning.

MM

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I still haven't gotten my ballot yet. When are they suppose to be turned in by? Wondering if I should contact Nra about not recieving it, or if there's still plenty of time. Cant remember when i got it last year.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I still haven't gotten my ballot yet. When are they suppose to be turned in by? Wondering if I should contact Nra about not recieving it, or if there's still plenty of time. Cant remember when i got it last year.
    Should have been in you last month's magazine.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I kinda hate to vote too early in case something happens before then. :dunno:

Maybe somebody will start a last minute write in campaign?

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    As a new lifetime member, this will be my first time voting.

I'm going with the current consensus to vote for Kraut only at this time to maximize his chances.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Apparently I tossed my magazine with the ballot. Is there anyway to vote online? I mean for real, it is the 21st century.

Do not believe so, you know, that fraud thing. Just imagine Bloomerberg having the DNC hackers affect the election. LOL

BTW, I love your signature lines...

MM

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't have an answer for the lost ballot.

If it helps though, I don't get the magazine, my ballot came in the mail.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't have an answer for the lost ballot.

If it helps though, I don't get the magazine, my ballot came in the mail.

My understanding is that if you get electronic delivery of the magazine you will get the ballot in the mail, if you get mailed the magazine your ballot is in that magazine to save postage.

MM

Top Bottom