NRA gets FedEx discount (LGBT groups protest)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Exactly what I came here to say. We also have gay friends who are very much in favor of firearms. What do they have to do with each other?

Well, I would at first say nothing.
    But then I was told by a gay friend that "real" gays would have nothing to do with guns.
    I pointed out "Pink Pistols" to her, hoping somebody with her viewpoint my convince her better.
    I was told that was just a group set up by the NRA.
    Basically, she then called them "Uncle Toms".

This conversation started, and pretty much stopped, right after the Orlando massacre.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Better tell FEDEX employees about it.
    I had a lot of problems shipping a firearm through FEDEX.
    So no one ever mentioned a discount!

By the way, how do you show that you are a NRA member?
    I have not received a membership card for years.
    I just receive the Magazines.

I have not received the NRA carrying bag. They advertise for joining this year.

Call them! I am a life member. I have called twice in the last several years when I had questions or issues. They were always nice, helpful and resolved the issue/answered the question quickly.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://thinkprogress.org/companies-cutting-fedex-ties-nra-de00e028b85c/
    FedEx won’t drop the NRA so these companies are dropping FedEx

Oh no. Celebrities are throwing tantrums

World of Wonder, the production company for such TV shows as RuPaul’s Drag Race, Million Dollar Listing, and Big Freedia, announced on Wednesday that it would no longer ship with FedEx.

ICM Partners, a major Hollywood talent agency, confirmed to Forbes on Thursday that it has stopped using FedEx for its shipping needs. Piper Pirabo, a client and a previous Golden Globe nominee for her acting, tweeted the news approvingly.

According to Forbes, another major talent agency, CAA, may also be following ICM’s lead. Showrunner, screenwriter, and CAA client Jeffrey Lieber tweeted Thursday night that after urging the company to boot FedEx, he’d received an affirmative reply.

Some good comments on the "yahoo" page
    https://finance.yahoo.com/m/bf40fb70-2340-3e30-b250-de1b1603a07c/ss_fedex-won’t-drop-the-nra-so.html

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    On Tuesday, ThinkProgress exclusively reported that FedEx also has a secret deal with the NRA and the gun industry to bend its own rules on gun shipments. “Some customers have been approved for an exception to ship firearms with a 2-day (AM or PM) service,” a confidential internal document revealed. Those customers included 86 firearms manufacturers and dealers, including Smith & Wesson, Colt, Glock, SIG Sauer, and the National Rifle Association itself.

"a confidential internal document revealed"

confidential internal document.jpg

Is anyone getting tired of Yellow Journalism?

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I know I'm no genius, but what does LGBT have to do with gun control (logically)? I know gay people who are fully in favor of gun rights.

I guess this is "I'm a progressive ​leave logic out of this situation".

They're subject to the fallacy that you're not allowed to be LGBT unless you're liberal/progressive and you're not allowed to be liberal/progressive unless you believe in gun control.

LGBT people have more of a reason than many to be concerned about self-defense, and I know many who own guns and value their right to protect themselves.

Top Bottom