• ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    :):
    Hear that,LOL!.....:):....... Ef'd me on'a '5 year' renewal 'special' few yrs back.......:rolleyes:......

Wait till all these 'new lifetimers' get the letter after letter,after letter(not ta mention beg'n for $$$ ever other week...:rolleyes:)......"Renew NOW at reduced savings. We would hate for you to lose your membership and/or benefits. Our records indicate your membership is about to expire......." Hahahaha......:):

'Ef me once,shame on me,and hope it was good for ya, cuzzzz.....won't get a 2nd chance,hahahahhaha......:):

:cool:

I never cared about getting junk mail from them, one extra piece every now and then? Who cares, I get several every day from just credit card offers I have to round file. The phone calls are easy, just ask to taken off their call list. Done and Done. It costs money to play the washington game. I don't begrudge them on that. Except for making millions on Katrina when it was GOA, JPFO and SAF that fought that battle. That's another topic though.

I'm not talking about their fund raising tactics, I'm speaking about their lobbying and court petitions and how they've thrown NFA, 'assault weapons', handguns and hicap mags under their sportsmans first mentality bus.

How do you think we got their "sporting clause" nonsense? Yep, the NRA. There are plenty of threads here and google if you are more interested.

The point is, they need to be steered in the right direction and fighting hard to earn our memberships for 2014.

Take back the NRA, don't give them your lifetime support to save a few bucks, make them earn it. Every year.

t-trader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Agree about the yearly and let them earn it comments.

There is such a thing as too much asking for money.

I know it is needed but I feel I will contribute on my own when I can and as much as I can.

I belong to the NRA and GOA.

GOA in my opinion is well worth supporting as they are aggressive in the fight and stand for ALL uses of firearms and the FULL meaning of the 2nd amendment.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I don't look at it as saving a few bucks.

They can still lose any future donations. Its not like I pay my Life Memberships and walked away from financially supporting 2A groups.

I never cared about getting junk mail from them, one extra piece every now and then? Who cares, I get several every day from just credit card offers I have to round file. The phone calls are easy, just ask to taken off their call list. Done and Done. It costs money to play the washington game. I don't begrudge them on that. Except for making millions on Katrina when it was GOA, JPFO and SAF that fought that battle. That's another topic though.

I'm not talking about their fund raising tactics, I'm speaking about their lobbying and court petitions and how they've thrown NFA, 'assault weapons', handguns and hicap mags under their sportsmans first mentality bus.

How do you think we got their "sporting clause" nonsense? Yep, the NRA. There are plenty of threads here and google if you are more interested.

The point is, they need to be steered in the right direction and fighting hard to earn our memberships for 2014.

Take back the NRA, don't give them your lifetime support to save a few bucks, make them earn it. Every year.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    :):
    Hear that,LOL!.....:):....... Ef'd me on'a '5 year' renewal 'special' few yrs back.......:rolleyes:......

Wait till all these 'new lifetimers' get the letter after letter,after letter(not ta mention beg'n for $$$ ever other week...:rolleyes:)......"Renew NOW at reduced savings. We would hate for you to lose your membership and/or benefits. Our records indicate your membership is about to expire......." Hahahaha......:):

'Ef me once,shame on me,and hope it was good for ya, cuzzzz.....won't get a 2nd chance,hahahahhaha......:):

:cool:

Get right, would ya?

BigShow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Called the NRA today with my sponsors info and was told my sponsor had to call them and give them my name and state he was sponsoring me. I will try again once I can ask my sponsor to call in. Just a heads up to those sponsoring others.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Called the NRA today with my sponsors info and was told my sponsor had to call them and give them my name and state he was sponsoring me. I will try again once I can ask my sponsor to call in. Just a heads up to those sponsoring others.

Then something was wrong. All you need is their number...and YOU give that to them, not the sponsor.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Not sure if other life members can sponsor multiple new folks, so I will post up that I am seeking a sponsor.

Always done year to year to NRA-ILA and NRA separately. I'm thinking now more than ever, a lifetime is a good idea

Anyone with sponsorship available please let me know.

jmemmert

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Called in... on hold for about 10 mins. Gave them my sponsor's number and CC number. I am proud to be a lifetime member!!!

super duty1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2012
    Esat of Indy
    My wife just got a letter last week asking her to renew her membership. The letter stated she could upgrade to a Life membership for $600. Sponsorship drive sounds a lot better! :-)

Top Bottom