• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Notice anything about the NRA page since the Sandy Hook shooting? I don't have Twitter or Google+ but from what I've read, they've gone silent as well. Hope they're not working behind the scenes for some "compromise".

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I understand that but instead of making a statement or moderating comments, they just black out their social networking accounts? Seems odd that other 2A groups would still have their pages up and allowing comments from both sides.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Meh, it just gives the libtards one less outlet to use to ***** and moan how evil guns walk around killing everyone and everything. As I see it, the NRA is just letting things blow over. FB is comprised heavily of younger people who often tend to live in mom's basement and follow any liberal idea that crosses in front of them (hello, OWS).

Once the immediate reaction to the school shootings die down then they'll be back in action. Remember, too, that smaller 2A groups are NOT targets for liberals and the media, unlike the NRA which is often treated as the only 2A group in America.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    It is concerning to me as well. The largest gun rights activist is remaining silent, so either they are about to unleash some secret weapon or they are making closed door deals. I hope not the later...

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I may not know what I am talking about. Her it goes. Since the shooting on Friday morning took place, I have heard information as well as plenty of misinformation. No need for everybody to react at once. I would think now is a bad time to convince folks guns is not the evil villain. :twocents:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I was noticing this today myself. Pretty f***ing cowardly if you ask me. The voice of millions of people who are members and they got intimidated? No statements about anything, either? Just absolute silence?

You dont see the American Automobile Association making statements anything a few people are killed in a car accident. :dunno:

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This is such a PR tsunami that they are probably just waiting for more information to come out before they respond. Remember they got some bad press after the theatre shooting because of a misguided Tweet (poster did not know about the shooting yet). It could be out of respect for the victims that they didn't want to blast out any pro-gun statements when emotions were so high. They'll be back... furious as ever once everyone gets this figured out.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    The NRA has turned into a self serving entity and has let gun owners down in the past. It doesn't surprise me that they don't stand up against the attackers now. :twocents:

MaLfUnCtIoN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    They have been vilified by the Left leaning media who is on a feeding frenzy at this time. It's best to pick your battles when outnumbered as they(we) are.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The gun grabbers are blaming the NRA for the dead children. Most of them have never heard of any of the other groups. They are organizing attacks on the NRA to try to silence them. Maybe you NRA haters should join the protesters.
    PressTV - Washington protest deplores dominant pro-gun NRA lobby group

We need to get the conversation moved back where it belongs, and not on gun ownership by law abiding citizens. We are not the perpetrators of these shootings, yet that's the narrative when we let the anti gun lobby control the conversation.

The NRA's silence is understandable, but is a mistake, IMHO. They should be trying to get the conversation focused back on why these young people wanted to kill in mass.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    They were also asked to come on FNC for commentary but declined. However, with that being said, I think they are going for the "lets respect the families of this tragedy and let the police investigate before we comment and stick our foot in our mouth" which I completely agree with. When I got home from work last night and turned on Diane Sawyer, there was 20 minutes of gun control talk and less than 2 minutes of mental health discussion. **** them for turning this tragedy into political bs. When the dust settles, the NRA will be well prepared and I respect them for letting this air out a bit.

malachi_s

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    North Central Indian
    I think it is wise to see what evidense is released by the police as to method, means and motive before making any open end comments about the incident when the facts have not yet been revealed. Those knee jerk reactions are the ones that often allow our mouths to open wide enough for our foot to enter. The NRA has weathered many storms before Newtown and will likely weather many more after, I have trust in the organization, they have fought in the trenches on my behalf in the past and I believe they will fight for my rights in the future, they just need to see what they are up against. My $.02 for whats that worth.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom