• ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Still on the fence.

Be very careful of this red flag thing. If it goes through as written they can look into all of your social media. Be very very careful. This is another big nail in the coffin.

The nail in the coffin for free speech and 2a. A person could easily get red flagged for discussing the historical facts of the American revolution. This is extremely dangerous, and it's hard to believe the nra would support it at all.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The nail in the coffin for free speech and 2a. A person could easily get red flagged for discussing the historical facts of the American revolution. This is extremely dangerous, and it's hard to believe the nra would support it at all.

Exactly. If you post up anything they might consider off then you get put on "The List"

Very Orwellien.

The usual suspects are out in force saying mental illness is not the issue her.
    Please convince me these whack jobs were anywhere near normal.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Still on the fence.

Be very careful of this red flag thing. If it goes through as written they can look into all of your social media. Be very very careful. This is another big nail in the coffin.

From what im seeing they're wanting to propose legislation that will encourage each state to adopt a red flag law. This shouldn't really effect Indiana.
    For those of you that don't know, Indiana has had one on the books since 2005. Its called Lairds Law

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Someone better get this show on the road. We are in trouble right now.

It will do nothing but get worse until the anti-gunners are elected in 2020. Then...

...well, they keep telling us what they'll do. And that's just what they tell us...

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    You don't think the NRA would be the target of left wing attacks.... Would You?
    Careful what you read, where the story comes from, and who put pen to hand.
    Freedom of information includes misinformation as well.
    "It's on the internet so it has to be true" I hated that commercial but it's message holds true.

KWIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2019
    IN
    Still on the fence.

Yes but the only "social media" I do is a few forums, a couple gun and a couple car related. But you are right, you should always be careful what you do on the interwebs.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    There is no discount that will get me to join the NRA. They are literally lobbying to curtail 2A rights as we speak. Why on earth would I even give them moral support, let alone money?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    It costs allot of money to be a huge lobbyist group in DC. Many times there are no immediate noticeable fruits of the labor.

I guess by the same standards, you refuse to vote in any general election?

I guess I'm missing your point. I don't see any correlation between where I voluntarily give my money and voting.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Been looking into this as deeply as my limited Google-Fu allows me too.

Man what do you believe. If they are truly OK with the red flag thing I am out. Red Flag opens a deep and very dark rabbit hole I am not on board with. Way to many variables.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Been looking into this as deeply as my limited Google-Fu allows me too.

Man what do you believe. If they are truly OK with the red flag thing I am out. Red Flag opens a deep and very dark rabbit hole I am not on board with. Way to many variables.
    I think their position is too complicated for some of our cohorts, if what I have read is true. Their position as stated in an article I read either this morning or last night, is that they are against the Red Flag laws but if they are going to get passed, they would like to see certain due process safeguards. So for some people that means they support Red Flag laws.

Top Bottom