• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just ask Bernie, Liz, Bloomerg and 'ol Joe what they think of the GOA. They'll say "huh?"

Then ask what they think of the NRA... ;)

How do you actually know this?
    I get the feeling we may be biased by what we read and see, call me crazy I know...
    I would love to know this firsthand because I've heard just the opposite.

Those are all very public people with many available news reports, articles and videos with them expressing their distain for the NRA.

Go right ahead and link where they have commented on the GOA.

I'm happy for you to prove me wrong. Please do. :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Those are all very public people with many available news reports, articles and videos with them expressing their distain for the NRA.

Go right ahead and link where they have commented on the GOA.

I'm happy for you to prove me wrong. Please do. :dunno:

What's the point? Of course the left is using the NRA as the straw monster for political purposes. That's not evidence that the NRA is the only .org highly involved in defense of the 2A, if that's what you're trying to say. I don't think their strategy would even be served if they acknowledged there were other major players on the gun rights side.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What's the point? Of course the left is using the NRA as the straw monster for political purposes. That's not evidence that the NRA is the only .org highly involved in defense of the 2A, if that's what you're trying to say. I don't think their strategy would even be served if they acknowledged there were other major players on the gun rights side.

^^^This^^^ Their target audience (non-gunowners and anti-gunners) ONLY know of the NRA. That's their bogeyman. For the politicians to let them know that their are other (growing) organizations might frighten the sheep, OR it might make the sheep start to think that more people are interested in preserving the 2nd than they thought, and that maybe, just maybe... they might start wondering why that is. Then again, that may be a pipe dream.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Our enemy hates the NRA with a passion.

If any other gun rights lobby organization was even a remote threat to them, they'd be singing it from the treetops, just like they do the NRA.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I would think it's the NRA/ILA that's fighting in VA. That's not the same (IMHO) as the NRA in general (the one that WLP is in charge of). The NRA/ILA are active in the legislature and court cases, not concerned with sending out junk mail, free hats and range bags. I think they're still worth supporting.

THIS!! This is a great point, if I was going to be donating money toward anything with the NRA it'd be to the ILA. Otherwise as many have said until the NRA changes GOA or FPC is where my money would go. If they NRA actually did education and some of the things they are/were supposed to we may not have as much of a culture issue surrounding firearms as we do.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Our enemy hates the NRA with a passion.

If any other gun rights lobby organization was even a remote threat to them, they'd be singing it from the treetops, just like they do the NRA.
    It’s the gun owners that are the threat. That’s what gives the NRA it’s power. Just keep that in mind. It would be great if the NRA would keep that in mind as well.

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    While I was NRA until a few years back, groups like Gun Owners of America (GOA) get my support. NRA has demonstrated wasteful spending, and some questionable support of regulation on Bump Stocks. Granted, if someone wants to waste ammunition that they can afford, good on you. Otherwise, Second Amendment Foundation and GOA (primary for me) garner my $$$.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Yes, I have been noticing the news reports from Virginia. It appears to be the NRA trying to fight this alone, no mention of any other gun groups. I also noticed in the anti gun protests, all their signs were pointed at the bad NRA, no mention of any other gun groups.

with all respect, the GOA was there and pushing for the 2A hard.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I will re-join the NRA when they get rid of the corruption/current leadership that comes from our monies used for their lavish lifestyles.
    I personally cannot and will not stand by and offer my money to any group that doesn't respect me as a volunteer donor.
    YMMV

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Still, I don't think in the middle of a gunfight is the time to be picky about the ammunition you will use

Hollow point, hard cast or FMJ. Federal, Aquila or white box (although you'll prolly be accused of racism for that one). A round downrange in the direction of the traitors is what's important, not what box it comes from. Support all the gun rights groups you can afford

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Still, I don't think in the middle of a gunfight is the time to be picky about the ammunition you will use

Hollow point, hard cast or FMJ. Federal, Aquila or white box (although you'll prolly be accused of racism for that one). A round downrange in the direction of the traitors is what's important, not what box it comes from. Support all the gun rights groups you can afford
    I’m not advocating for people not to support the NRA. But I’m also not going to ignore the legitimate critics either. I’m not going to criticize those critics for demanding a more honest/transparent/focused NRA leadership. But, what I would say to them, rather than trying to shame them into compliance with the team, I’d ask them to consider donating to NRA-ILA. It’s my understanding that non of those donations fund Wayne’s suits.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Im a member of GOA too. But I dont just rely on other people to prote t my freedoms and hold my elected officials accountable. I write and call them too and if I see them I walk up to them in person, shake their hand and discuss things with them politely. Politicians need to remain grounded. They can't do that if they are only surrounded by the wealthy special interest people who give them money. They need to see the common man too and get to know us. We are the backbone of America.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I continue to support it since I'm a life member. But I won't upgrade to a higher level until they get ride of Wayne. I don't mind supporting the NRA... but I am tired of buying clothes for Wayne. When he goes.... I'll probably upgrade again.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Just remember this. The left wrings their hands and chuckles while we bicker over it. I hate the mess they've made of the NRA as much as anyone, and I think supporting other groups is an excellent idea. Both to give us more faces at the table, and to remind NRA that they're not the only game in town. However, NRA is still the bear the left fears the most, and that alone makes it worthy of our support. Sometime here in the late spring or early summer I'll be upgrading, and I'm gonna make a point to donate directly to whoever opposes Pelosi, just because her drunken antics make a mockery of our system, and **** me off.

Top Bottom