• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paulh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Evansville
    I think some of you missed the point. It's not whether the NRA is good or bad I just don't want to be forced into joining them plus pay dues to shoot there. I checked a lot of the private ranges in my area at it is the same And yes, I'm driving way out of my way to shoot at a public range. That is my choice. Simple question from a new guy who wants to know

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Where do you get that?

All HE did was ask why. Its the rest of US that blew this thread into what it is now.
    I'm assuming this is directed at me...

I just don't want to be forced into joining them plus pay dues to shoot there.
    If I misunderstood what the op is saying I apologize, but it sounds like he wants to shoot there (utilize the service they provide), but wants to do it without having to pay NRA dues (their rule.)

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Danielson: perhaps the reason people are having trouble PROVIDING THE OP with a "logical" answer is because it is a question without logic. If a club has an assigned set of rules and you don't like one of them do you adhere to the rule(s) or just choose to express your displeasure ? About like asking "There is a private club where I want to shoot and they require that I use ear and eye protection. I don't like those rules and don't want to have to follow them."

i think getting "blown up", if so, was the result of an illogical question. I, like many others, contend he follows the rules or shoots somewhere else. Perhaps this is an opportunity to educate.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Well, when you take it there, yes, it makes no sense. But what I heard was, using your analogy, "theres a private club where I want to shoot, and they require I use ear and eye protection" Im a new shooter and have never needed ear and eye protection before, why is it such a big deal"?

Go read the OP, pay no attention to the mess I helped turn the rest of it into, and it seems like he might be asking a question is my only point.

Why would a PRIVATE club, make NRA membership compulsory? My guess would be because the founding members of the club feel strongly about the NRA, thus, their rules reflect that.

Maybe the OP should look into the NRA, as it might me an organization he can get behind. Regardless of supposed requirement.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well, when you take it there, yes, it makes no sense. But what I heard was, using your analogy, "theres a private club where I want to shoot, and they require I use ear and eye protection" Im a new shooter and have never needed ear and eye protection before, why is it such a big deal"?

Go read the OP, pay no attention to the mess I helped turn the rest of it into, and it seems like he might be asking a question is my only point.

Why would a PRIVATE club, make NRA membership compulsory? My guess would be because the founding members of the club feel strongly about the NRA, thus, their rules reflect that.

Maybe the OP should look into the NRA, as it might me an organization he can get behind. Regardless of supposed requirement.

And posts #17 and #19 sum it up. Some clubs get "subsidies" from the NRA in return for requiring membership. While they are private clubs, they are "defacto" NRA clubs thanks to this two way arrangement. (you give us members and we give you cheaper liability insurance, and maybe we pay for some upgrades to your facilities)

Top Bottom