• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I do not intend to discuss religion here, as per forum rules. My intent is to inquire if anyone is concerned about Nordquist being on the NRA board and if this will affect your willingness to renew/retain membership in the NRA. I see this as a political issue, not religious. Please do not take it religious and get the discussion shut down.

Beck to NRA: It?s Norquist or me

What do you think?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    for whom Norquist has served on the board and is up for re-election

Seems like an easy one, then. If he's previously served on the board, what did he do that you don't like within the NRA?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Links? Because he and Rove think Muslims are "natural Republican"?

So guilt by association? Or, better to phrase it "guilt by association with people who have done nothing wrong"?

Mr. Beck is barking up the wrong tree.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Links? Because he and Rove think Muslims are "natural Republican"?

So guilt by association? Or, better to phrase it "guilt by association with people who have done nothing wrong"?

Mr. Beck is barking up the wrong tree.

While I agree with the spirit of your comment, it would seem that not all of his associates would fall into the "have done nothing wrong" category. One of them does have a 22 year federal prison sentence, after all.

NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    Anyone with ties to a terrorist organization should not be allowed on the NRA board. Read The Looming Tower if you want to learn more about the brotherhood. Also look at their history in Egypt over the last 6 years.

NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    Is he still associated with those groups and people or has he severed all ties? I find nothing where he has changed anything from 2003. If you have something that shows he has, then please post. I don't see where he answered front page even though they offered to print his response. His silence is deafening.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Is he still associated with those groups and people or has he severed all ties? I find nothing where he has changed anything from 2003. If you have something that shows he has, then please post. I don't see where he answered front page even though they offered to print his response. His silence is deafening.

What has he actually done, though? If these associations are so terrible, surely you can point to something he's DONE in the past decade to validate the article. Or are we to assume he's still playing the long game and...what? Infiltrating the NRA to...do what exactly?

The fact he chose not to respond to someone is proof of nothing, nor particularly deafening. FrontPage may be a big deal to you, but its hardly a household name.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Is the NRA a party organization or an single issue organization.

If Norquist is for our gun rights and gets reelected to the board in a free and open election.........so what
    It seems Beck has a problem with the voters in the NRA, not the board members

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    From what I understand, Norquist has been a force for getting agents of influence from the Muslim Brotherhood into the federal bureaucracy, especially at Justice and in DoD. This, in turn, has led to some of the more onerous ROE in our current Middle Eastern conflicts and some of the dumber decisions turned out by State and both this Administration and the previous Bush Administration. Personally, _I_ won't vote for Norquist to be on the NRA Board, no matter what his expressed views on 2nd Amendment issues are.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    From what I understand, Norquist has been a force for getting agents of influence from the Muslim Brotherhood into the federal bureaucracy, especially at Justice and in DoD. This, in turn, has led to some of the more onerous ROE in our current Middle Eastern conflicts and some of the dumber decisions turned out by State and both this Administration and the previous Bush Administration. Personally, _I_ won't vote for Norquist to be on the NRA Board, no matter what his expressed views on 2nd Amendment issues are.

Source for any of this? Who was setting RoE? So the Republican leadership just didn't notice the infiltrators in their midst or what?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Source for any of this? Who was setting RoE? So the Republican leadership just didn't notice the infiltrators in their midst or what?

I've drawn a blank where I've heard/seen this. I'll try to find it.

Okay, it's Frank Gaffney (Center for Security Policy) who chats with Greg Garrison weekly concerning the Middle East and related topics such as the Muslim Brotherhood. Norquist has been a periodic topic of discussion.

This is a link to an interview on The Blaze: http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2013/10/22/who-is-grover-norquist/

Last edited:

NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDQnQHcbSxM Frank Gaffney discusses Grover Norquist's concerning ties to the Muslim Brotherhood

Norquist has been quoted as saying AT CPAC..." Grover Norquist told a George Soros publication that Islam “is completely consistent with the U.S. Constitution and a free and open society,” a statement that reveals either a profound lack of understanding of Islamic law, or a conscious effort at deception."

several links available from this page
    http://victoriajackson.com/11793/grover-norquist-fake

Last edited:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    This thread is hilarious. It looks like Beck is going to the race well...again.

Who could have seen that olive oil in the pocket coming?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've drawn a blank where I've heard/seen this. I'll try to find it.

Okay, it's Frank Gaffney (Center for Security Policy) who chats with Greg Garrison weekly concerning the Middle East and related topics such as the Muslim Brotherhood. Norquist has been a periodic topic of discussion.

This is a link to an interview on The Blaze: Center for Security Policy | Who is Grover Norquist?

Ok, so let me get this straight. He's secretly a radical Muslim who's running a terrorism front in the White House while simultaneously campaigning to expand "vice" causes such as online gambling and legalizing drugs, and supports gay marriage? That's the narrative? So his goal is a global caliphate with dope, gambling, and gay marriage?

The Bush administration was so easily taken in my him and didn't run the war they way they wanted to? I remember the narrative that we would be welcomed as liberators, reset the oil industry in Iraq, and that oil revenue would fund the war. We were going in to liberate the population from a tyrant. Now because he dared to say there are moderate Muslims he kept the Bush administration from running the war the way they wanted to? If wanting to pull troops out of Afghanistan is a sign of a traitor, then huge swathes of the US population are traitors. Per Gallup, only about 9% of people thought it was a mistake to send troops shortly after 9/11. Over the decade of war that followed, support drops off, especially around 2009-2010 to near 40% until Feb 2014 where it's at 49%.

He's just the perfect boogyman who hates everything you hold dear, even if that puts his views in conflict with themselves, and yet he still keeps rising through the ranks because neither party's leaders can see what talk show hosts do? Frankly, this strikes me as ridiculous.

So back on topic. Using his position in the NRA he's had what negative influence?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is the only current thread with the topic, so I'll drop it here:

BREAKING NEWS: Egyptian court sentences Muslim Brotherhood leader Mohamed Badie and 13 others to death.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom