• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eric70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Covington
    Both chose different paths after last Fridays tragedy, NRA stayed silent to let everyone mourn and heal. While GOA was outspoken and owned Piers Morgan. I was planning on joining the NRA this Friday, but GOA has got my attention now. I guess my question is which do you guys think has done a better job in this last week? If I still go with the NRA, it will depend on what they have to say Friday.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    GOA and Second Amendment Foundation. I won't be giving any more money to the NRA unless something changes for the better. When I can afford it, it'll be GOA, SAF, and JPFO.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Not sure what both have done this week.
    The true question is what they will do in the next few months.Will they do some compromise with the government or not.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Second Amendment Foundation annual membership is a whopping $15. $20 for GOA.

$35 measly bucks.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    NRA is much larger and has more congressional pull but has caved a few times. My feelings are we need them as they are the biggest and feared the most by the elected officials. The congress had the largest turn over I can remember after the 1994 Assault Weapon Ban, NRA was given credit for getting many people who voted for it ousted.

The GOA has a take no prisoners attitude that I really like. They keep me informed with lots of emails and usually only bother me if something needs to be done. I am life members of both organizations, and have no regrets.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    NRA is much larger and has more congressional pull but has caved a few times. My feelings are we need them as they are the biggest and feared the most by the elected officials. The congress had the largest turn over I can remember after the 1994 Assault Weapon Ban, NRA was given credit for getting many people who voted for it ousted.

The GOA has a take no prisoners attitude that I really like. They keep me informed with lots of emails and usually only bother me if something needs to be done. I am life members of both organizations, and have no regrets.

The NRA should be able to accomplish much more because of their membership numbers and fund raising but it wasn't the NRA that got Illinois concealed carry. The NRA may have been given credit for ousting anti-2A politicians but they still back antis every political season.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If only one:
    NRA. They have the biggest lobbying group and the most congressional ears.

Then GOA. They are a great no compromise organization. I've been happy with them for over a decade. They used to sell some funny bumper stickers, too, but I don't see them on their web site any longer.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I've been a life member of the NRA for decades and member of several "others" for long enough I don't keep track. Only time I have any problem with any of the gun rights organizations is when they or their members feel so small and insignificant the only way they can get noticed is to denigrate another gun rights organization.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    If the others are better, why does the gun lobby keep saying the NRA is the reason they haven't got what they wanted? :dunno: I say all of the above. If you can only do one then NRA.

Top Bottom