• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Indy Gun Safety will be offering the NRA's Range Safety Officer Course on Saturday July 16th from 8-6 PM. This course is open to anyone who wants to gain insight into safe range procedures and operations. Please see our web site, Indy Gun Safety Home for more information or to sign up.

We will be offering the Chief Range Safety Officer program in August for those who have completed the RSO course.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    This course is full, but the NRA RSO course has to do with running a range safely, not running shooters through a specific discipline's competition. It's an apples to oranges comparison.

NRA RSO's learn to develop and utilize SOP's, clear malfunctions on multiple action types of pistols, shotguns, rifles and muzzleloaders, react to emergencies, and generally operate the range. It's a great course for anyone who wants a better understanding of range safety and ops, as well as those who plan to work or volunteer as RSO's.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    I took the NRA Range Safety Officer course at IndyGunSafety and learned more than I ever thought I could learn about gun safety. I especially appreciated the practical exercises on clearing stoppages & malfunctions. Been a shooter my whole life and thought I knew it all...HA! Randy is a great teacher with a wealth of experience. I'll be back for the Chief RSO class!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What a great class! Great fun and I learned scads of new material.

I particularly enjoyed the range emergency exercises and the malfunction exercises.

1. Don't call it a "weapon", this is the NRA's house.

2. Just because someone tells you they did something (like put the carbine on safe) does not mean they did, always check.

I have no excuse for not doing this class earlier.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I'm glad you both enjoyed the course! I had great time teaching it. The award for "Best Actor During A Range Drill" goes too.........

Kirk Freeman for "I need to call my wife! I need to call my Wife!". :runaway:

Lol! I was laughing my @$$ off!

Top Bottom