• ...and so much more!
  • MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    There are a few "HOT" response topics. The rules are a leading one.
    3 rules. 4 rules. Man oh man the humanity.

I've been entertained for hours reading Kirk's responses to threads relating to the various permutations and interpretations of Rule 1.

Fortunately, he is poring over Army Regulation 670-1 tonight in an attempt to shear his golden, flowing locks for his upcoming "training," and avoiding the fray. Wisely, I would think.

(When I was in the Indiana Army National Guard, back in the dark ages, we never really accomplished much during our December IDT (aka "drill")). :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've been entertained for hours reading Kirk's responses to threads relating to the various permutations and interpretations of Rule 1.

Fortunately, he is poring over Army Regulation 670-1 tonight in an attempt to shear his golden, flowing locks for his upcoming "training," and avoiding the fray. Wisely, I would think.

(When I was in the Indiana Army National Guard, back in the dark ages, we never really accomplished much during our December IDT (aka "drill")). :):

If we can not agree on this very simple topic, how will we win the ever growing assault on our rights. Kirk and others put some serious effort into getting this right. It aint that damned hard.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    If we can not agree on this very simple topic, how will we win the ever growing assault on our rights. Kirk and others put some serious effort into getting this right. It aint that damned hard.

Oh, too true, too true. When we are so busy eating our own, it is too easy to not see the dangers from around us.

Like so many things, we in the firearms community agree on 90+ percent of the issues. It is the bickering on that last 10% that gets us in trouble and makes us look like crazies to others, especially our opponents.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Dude, there are some among us who would be ok with them taking “our” guns, as long as “their” guns are left alone. There are those among us who have a superiority complex, and nothing we do is correct, unless it’s how they think it should be done. So, no, we won’t be able to survive an all out assault on our rights, because among us, some are righter than others.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Dude, there are some among us who would be ok with them taking “our” guns, as long as “their” guns are left alone. There are those among us who have a superiority complex, and nothing we do is correct, unless it’s how they think it should be done. So, no, we won’t be able to survive an all out assault on our rights, because among us, some are righter than others.

Can make no argument. I read a lot in here. A lot. I can make lists of those you mention in the proper category's. But that is way too much work.
    What is prominent in my mind are the steadfast hard core 2A supporters I have come to know some personally. Even those guys can mix it up over the rules.
    But in the mix a lot of solid points are made. After the dust settles we are right back here. Safe/responsible handling. Using your head beyond just being a door stop.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    No reason to turn this one into a pissing match. It was specifically about NRA rule number three so I will answer it...

A gun which is used for defensive purposes, whether in a safe, my nightstand, or on ones hip can be loaded because this is “ready to use”. A gun in long-term storage or being cleaned is ”not ready to use” and is therefore kept unloaded.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    No reason to turn this one into a pissing match. It was specifically about NRA rule number three so I will answer it...

A gun which is used for defensive purposes, whether in a safe, my nightstand, or on ones hip can be loaded because this is “ready to use”. A gun in long-term storage or being cleaned is ”not ready to use” and is therefore kept unloaded.

100% in agreement.

Top Bottom