• ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Yeah, thats the NRA for you, lol.

I'm wondering how many members are going to renew their memberships after these past few years.

From attempting to derail the Heller case to a slew of endorsements for antigun candidates, this, it's inexcusable.

FYI GOA rates coats as a C and Ellsworth as a D. They don't endorse either one. Personally I think they should be rating coats a f base don his previous votes, but his current survey shows him saying he doesn't currently support any antigun measures that aren't already in place...

I'm joining the Second Amendment Foundation. If it wasn't fort them, we wouldn't have had the McDonald or Heller Decisions.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I got my renewal for the NRA today, along with the magazine backing baby-obama-ellsworth. Usually I renew on their five year plan, but after seeing them also not backing Marvin Scott in District 7 against Andre Carson, I don't know if I could belong to such an organization. Marvin Scott should be a bright red. I have run into and talked to Marvin at the Indy 1500 show in the past and there is no doubt he should have been endorsed by the NRA.

On the other hand Dan Lobbyist Coats has voted anti-firearm in the passed, so that leaves one candidate to vote for, and there is no reason that the NRA didn't list Sink-Burris as the preferred candidate!

Raoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Would you have preferred they endorsed Coats? The NRA (supposedly) rates candidates based solely on their gun-rights record. It makes sense then, that they would back Elsworth. This doesn't surprise me in the least.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    the NRA is a single issue body, and Ellsworth is probably the better choice on gun rights.

I guess they also dont look at 3rd party candidates because they should endorse RSB.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    NO-from dealing with him. He will vote for the motion to cast a vote for gun restrictions, then vote it down during the actual vote. His other dem friends will then screw us over!

\/ see sig line

bcsd372

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Columbus
    Just got my November issue of "American Rifleman" today. The NRA is also endorsing Baron Hill! I've been an NRA member and supporter for nearly 50 years but I'm all done now. Other groups like SAF and GOA will get my support from here on out. I understand NRA's making their calls based on gun rights only but our country is facing a turning point just two weeks from today. This may be our last opportunity to take back our country peaceably. Vote for Ellsworth or Hill? NFW!!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Just got my November issue of "American Rifleman" today. The NRA is also endorsing Baron Hill! I've been an NRA member and supporter for nearly 50 years but I'm all done now. Other groups like SAF and GOA will get my support from here on out. I understand NRA's making their calls based on gun rights only but our country is facing a turning point just two weeks from today. This may be our last opportunity to take back our country peaceably. Vote for Ellsworth or Hill? NFW!!
    Yep, saw that too. I was shocked at first,then realized as posted above, it's just a one issue deal with them. I'm not so pissed that they endorse Dems, but it would seem that they would try to track down 3rd party candidates, such as Rebecca Sink-Burris, to maybe give voters the bigger picture, instead of just endorsing "more of the same old BS" candidates.:noway: Ellesworth and Hill can both KMA.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I didn't renew my membership several years ago because the NRA was ticking me off. I see no reason to change my mind now. They're ignoring third party candidates that are more deserving of, and could definitely benefit from their support, in order to support major party candidates we all know to be turdbags.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm done with the NRA. Lets see how effective they are when so many gun owners roll their eyes in disgust when their name is uttered.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I didn't renew my membership several years ago because the NRA was ticking me off. I see no reason to change my mind now. They're ignoring third party candidates that are more deserving of, and could definitely benefit from their support, in order to support major party candidates we all know to be turdbags.

exactly^

Rebecca Sink-Burris is the most pro 2A candidate on that ballot.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    exactly^

Rebecca Sink-Burris is the most pro 2A candidate on that ballot.

I agree, I got my renewal notice in the mail, threw it right into the trash. I'm not sending anymore of my money to an organization that seems corrupt like this one. Ill be joining some of the other organizations. I'm voting sink-burris I think at this point, Id like to see her win, wouldn't that shake things up. I just don't know if she stands a chance in reality

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have lost some faith in the NRA. The only positive things I can say is they are backing Pence. Which is my Congressman and who will be getting my vote.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    As unpleasant as Coats record is, a vote for anyone else is IMO a vote to keep Reid or Durbin as Senate majority leader. I choose to fight the bigger threat. Don't like it, but its the world we're in.

Top Bottom