• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I received a letter in the mail, supposedly from the NRA, of which I am a member. The letter states that they sent me a DVD (entitled "Shooting in Realistic Environments"). Please send payment for the DVD or return the DVD. Sure, there is fine print stating that since I didn't elect to participate in the program, I am no obligated to pay. BUT STILL!!!

This is a shady promotional tactic. It's worse than "Ed McMahon says you may have won a million dollars! Magazine subscription not necessary." If the NRA wants to drive me away as a member, it's doing a good job. Next thing you know, maybe "we signed you up for an investment account," or "you are now the owner of a bridge in Florida..."

Anyone else having this problem?

By the way, I never got the DVD. Probably lost in mail, or perhaps never sent?

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    I just joined the NRA this summer and i am not impressed either. I am very particular about who i give my email address to. Soon after joining the NRA i started getting many emails about erectile disfunction. They say they don't share your info but i wonder.

It is definitely ran as a business more than anything else.

Last edited:

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I just joined the NRA this summer and i am not impressed either. I am very particular about who i give my email address to. Soon after joining the NRA i started getting many emails about erectile disfunction. They say they don't share your info but i wonder.

It is definitely ran as a business more than anything else.

You told the NRA about your Erectile Disfunction??

I don't remember seeing that question on the application but back at that time we just used a Filter Queen! :fogey:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You told the NRA about your Erectile Disfunction??

I don't remember seeing that question on the application but back at that time we just used a Filter Queen! :fogey:

You've got to volunteer that information. They helped me quite a bit by directing me to a 458 SOCOM AR. Cleared my problem right up. I also set up an email that was made for things like the NRA. I don't mind getting that email address spammed by junk.

todkapuz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Carmel, IN
    Yeah they did that once, but I knew the postal regulations that I had to do absolutely nothing and keep it as a nice gift. I did, however, send back the empty envelop, just for laughs. What really gets me is how many times a year they urge me to renew. I have paid for multi-year the last time around, and they still are sending me "you need to renew" and its like "no i dont.. i have it on my calendar when i renew. Stop wasting money on asking me to renew and spend it where it could actually count." Sheesh. None of my other organizations do this stuff.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You've got to volunteer that information. They helped me quite a bit by directing me to a 458 SOCOM AR. Cleared my problem right up. I also set up an email that was made for things like the NRA. I don't mind getting that email address spammed by junk.

Please tell me you're not talking about the erectile dysfunction thing here... I mean, I'm sure the 458 is a really nice gun, but... :laugh:

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    I received a letter in the mail, supposedly from the NRA, of which I am a member. The letter states that they sent me a DVD (entitled "Shooting in Realistic Environments"). Please send payment for the DVD or return the DVD. Sure, there is fine print stating that since I didn't elect to participate in the program, I am no obligated to pay. BUT STILL!!!

This is a shady promotional tactic. It's worse than "Ed McMahon says you may have won a million dollars! Magazine subscription not necessary." If the NRA wants to drive me away as a member, it's doing a good job. Next thing you know, maybe "we signed you up for an investment account," or "you are now the owner of a bridge in Florida..."

Anyone else having this problem?

By the way, I never got the DVD. Probably lost in mail, or perhaps never sent?

I had this same thing happen but only it was from "Guns and Ammo." I am surprised the NRA would do such a scheme. Needless to say, I didn't any funds...

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Yeah, the NRAin't lost my support a looong time ago...sure I know they're practically the only player in the game, me thinks the game is rigged. I feel as though they already cut a deal for themselves quietly in the background and left the rest of us out in the cold while they keep milking us for more golf and range money.

zallen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    I got the same letter about a DVD that I never got, bout 4 years ago, and even after i called them and told them that I never received a dvd and they appologized, I got 3 or 4 more letters. Not sure why but the NRA seems to like wasting money on postage, I have gotten a letter delivered to my house for my cousin at least once a month, asking him to join, for the last two years and not only has he never lived here but I have called and told them that......still mailing them.:dunno:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    They always send you renewal notices right after you renew................look at the date by your name on the mail address stamp, mines Jul 2014 and they just sent me another renewal notice.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I actually got the DVD you are talking about. Not sure what I did with it though and no renewal for me.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I feel as though they already cut a deal for themselves quietly in the background and left the rest of us out in the cold while they keep milking us for more golf and range money.

What deal is this and what are its terms?

You can call and stop the solitications if you wish. I do not understand why people are surprised that the NRA is soliciting for money, it's how it stays in the fight.

You can also call the NRA and see how to best use your money. I would recommend the NRA-ILA or NRA-PVF.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I keep getting e-mails and snail mail offers to join the NRA wine club:dunno:

I mean, seriously, a wine club? WTF

I think they would probably bring in more donations I'd they'd stop selling the NRA name use rights and mailing lists to BS companies who could give two :poop:'s about gun owners.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I kept the DVD and wrote a polite response on the statement that they want you to mail back in that said: (basically)
    Thanks for the DVD.
    According to federal law I do not have to pay for anything sent to me unsolicited.
    I do not wish to join your DVD club.
    If you send me any more DVD's I will keep them also.

It REALLY cut back on the junk mail I receive from the NRA.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    Plinker

Soon after joining the NRA i started getting many emails about erectile disfunction. They say they don't share your info but i wonder.

Maybe they misinterpreted the one you answered in reply to the question about having a hard time sighting it in.

Plinker

Last edited:

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    An easy way to dissuade BS correspondence from anyone is to use the self addressed postage paid envelope they include, get three or four thick 3" steel washers and mail them back to them. The added postage attached on the return will chill any mass mailing organization.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    They started sending me emails about erectile dysfunction too.
    But I answered question #12 & 13, I guess in the wrong way.
    Question #12:
    Do you ever have early slamfires
    Answer: yes
    Question #13
    Have you ever experienced FTF's?
    Answer : Yes

If you answered yes to questions 12 &13 please explain in the space provided below:

I have experienced early slamfires many times when I slammed it home.
    I have experienced many ftf's....Failure to F**k.

I did noy know FTF meant " failure to feed"

Now I get relentless emails about viagara, erectile dysfunction, and extenz.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    They started sending me emails about erectile dysfunction too.
    But I answered question #12 & 13, I guess in the wrong way.
    Question #12:
    Do you ever have early slamfires
    Answer: yes
    Question #13
    Have you ever experienced FTF's?
    Answer : Yes

If you answered yes to questions 12 &13 please explain in the space provided below:

I have experienced early slamfires many times when I slammed it home.
    I have experienced many ftf's....Failure to F**k.

I did noy know FTF meant " failure to feed"

Now I get relentless emails about viagara, erectile dysfunction, and extenz.
    Don't go knockin extenz. Wouldn't you like to march in a parade with an extra flag pole? This particular post almost made me swallow my chewing gun. CUT IT OUT:D

Top Bottom