• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chemteach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Plymouth
    I support the NRA. They are a one issue organization and there are many people with different political views that believe in the 2A and all the Bill of Rights, for that matter. I know many of them. They come over and we shoot together. IMO, Joe Donnelly is a politician. He will always take the party line, when required, or he will be replaced. Nothing new under the sun here. Should we see a shift in the Senate and/or the House to a Democratic majority, I have zero doubts which way the wind will blow when it comes to Senator Donnelly's allegiance. Back to my support of the NRA. A few years ago I saw a video documenting a mass gun "collection" after Australia passed some pretty harsh gun bans/laws. And I promise all of you I really do view and read everthing these days with a certain amount of scepticism and however many grains of salt it takes. I remember this Australian guy staring into the camera and speaking to us, Americans. I can only paraphrase him but he said; "Don't let them take an inch or this will happen to you." He said it much better and with that look of sincerity that was totally, and I do mean totally, believable. So, is the NRA perfect? It's made up of people, so no, it's not. Do they do what they say they will? Yep. Do I always agree with them 100% of the time? Nope. Will I continue to support them? Yep. I look at it this way, I send in a few bucks a year to support and listen to a few gun-toting animals at the state level. Why not send in a few bucks a year to support and listen to some gun-toting animals at the national level?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Left coast liberal? He was rated the 2nd most bipartisan senator in 2017 due to his work with members of both parties in addition to his votes. But never let facts get in the way of a good story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Time to drain the swamp. He will always go the way the political wind is blowing. New gun laws will only be obeyed by law abiding citizens and only will "control" the law abiding citizen. If you don't think that Democrats want to outlaw guns, you should go back and listen to some of Hillary's speeches on the subject. You also need to read some published works by John R. Lott, Jr.

Last edited:

Jag3212323

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Johnson county
    Time to drain the swamp. He will always go the way the political wind is blowing. New gun laws will only be obeyed by law abiding citizens and only will "control" the law abiding citizen. If you don't think that Democrats want to outlaw guns, you should go back and listen to some of Hillary's speeches on the subject. You also need to read some published works by John R. Lott, Jr.

All politicians move with the political winds. I don’t think the democrats want to outlaw guns. Just because some members of a group believe something doesn’t mean that the group shares that opinion. Also, gun control is like most topics....it’s not black and white as there are many shades of grey. Most people don’t agree with any politician or political party 100% of the time.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Left coast liberal? He was rated the 2nd most bipartisan senator in 2017 due to his work with members of both parties in addition to his votes. But never let facts get in the way of a good story.

Yup, left coast liberal lying just enough to keep his political job in IN. But don't let the platform he supports get in the way of a good spin.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

Up to a point...

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Apparently the words, “well regulated” confuse you.

Not so much, since in the vernacular of the founders it meant well running, like a well regulated clock being on time, not tied down with regulations. So, I'll leave you to your confusion.

Jag3212323

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Johnson county
    Not so much, since in the vernacular of the founders it meant well running, like a well regulated clock being on time, not tied down with regulations. So, I'll leave you to your confusion.

A well regulated clock would need to be in appropriate balance in order to perform correctly. Regulation must also be in balance. I’m sure you’ve studied the subject appropriately to conclude what people from the 18th century meant.

Jag3212323

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Johnson county
    SCOTUS already ruled it doesn't mean what you gun grabbers wish it did.

Is that what they concluded? Hint, it’s not. The Supreme Court made a ruling about the limits on local government regarding limiting ownership and carrying with undue burdens. That didn’t eliminate regulations as I’m sure you’re aware. Also, I’m a gun grabber? I’ve purchased 4 firearms in the last 5 months (and have plenty other than those) so I’m not sure what makes me a “gun grabber”. I’m a gun owner who isn’t afraid that every mention of gun control in the public setting is going to result in confiscation.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    It amazes me how every FB site has a large group of hard core leftists waiting to pounce on almost every topic. They simply dominate the debate with their numbers and their hate.

Their numbers and their hate is exponentially enhanced by their shrillness. Disgust as their tenet is their most effective weapon.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    A well regulated clock would need to be in appropriate balance in order to perform correctly. Regulation must also be in balance. I’m sure you’ve studied the subject appropriately to conclude what people from the 18th century meant.

The founders intended for every man jack one of us to be armed, trained and ready for call up to defend our country...sort of like Switzerland. And yes I have studied the topic, just not in my own personal spin studio.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    We now actually have politicians advocating the repeal of the 2nd amendment.
    I fail to see how ANYONE can deny the fact that gun owners are under serious attack.
    Nancy Pelosi just announced this week that if the Dems win the house in the mid-terms, gun control will be one of their top 3 priorities.

Anyone who now says they don't see the attack is either living under a rock, or intentionally ignoring the issue.

This is what I was thinking too as I read the first few posts. The political landscape will be shifting, and I think more and more folks will start calling for a repeal of the 2A. The NRA has its problems, and needs to "pick a lane" on its issues - i.e. ANY TIME someone brings up more regulation and says that the NRA won't budge, we need to show how much we HAVE budged over the last 80 years -- NFA, FOPA, MGB, AWB, NICS, etc. Almost every anti-2A person that I talk to doesn't know about ANY of the existing regulation. a quick 30 second conversation and they can at least see why many gun owners are afraid to give up any more ground (even if some would be fine with stricter background checks on a personal level)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... at least see why many gun owners are afraid to give up any more ground (even if some would be fine with stricter background checks on a personal level)

"Background checks" are the Trojan horse, as discussed above. The left have been successful at glossing over this "inocent" little thing as "common sense."

The libs are very quick to toss out the BS, "90% of gun owners agree to increased background checks."

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Is that what they concluded? Hint, it’s not. The Supreme Court made a ruling about the limits on local government regarding limiting ownership and carrying with undue burdens. That didn’t eliminate regulations as I’m sure you’re aware. Also, I’m a gun grabber? I’ve purchased 4 firearms in the last 5 months (and have plenty other than those) so I’m not sure what makes me a “gun grabber”. I’m a gun owner who isn’t afraid that every mention of gun control in the public setting is going to result in confiscation.

I would be curious as to the types of firearms you own. Are there AR-15's among them or pistols with large capacity magazines? I've known a few shotgun shooters/ owners who didn't think anyone but the police/ military should own such guns.

Top Bottom