• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    They're being respectful of the families involved by waiting. This is more than can be said for the anti-gun crowd.

The left is never misses an opportunity to exploit any death for their own purposes, military, civilian, or otherwise. Frankly, it's despicable.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    It's basically ass-hat-speak.

For, "We can't think faster than old lifer-gunners can run." Need NEW, YOUNG blood at top of NRA. I'm a life member, but will prob be ashamed of them on Tuesday. I look for their statement to be veiled gun-smersh give-it-up to Mister-Ø and Dianne, "it's not our fault ... it's the guns." Yes, THAT exactly. They're giving in. I'll take the knuckle-rapping if I'm wrong, but LIFERS never change. Just like Old Generals never stop giving commands.
    Wish they would have given more as to what they mean, but sounds like we will have to wait until Friday for full statement.

NRA releases statement on Conn. shooting

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    For, "We can't think faster than old lifer-gunners can run." Need NEW, YOUNG blood at top of NRA. I'm a life member, but will prob be ashamed of them on Tuesday. I look for their statement to be veiled gun-smersh give-it-up to Mister-Ø and Dianne, "it's not our fault ... it's the guns." Yes, THAT exactly. They're giving in. I'll take the knuckle-rapping if I'm wrong, but LIFERS never change. Just like Old Generals never stop giving commands.

You could always try the little brother, it feels a bit younger: Second Amendment Foundation Online

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Get ready to open up your check books and credit cards for the GOA and SAF on Friday.

I have a feeling the NRA will throw us under the bus again, just as they did in 1994.

I hope I'm wrong.

In any case, I sent donations to
    Second Amendment Foundation Online <--- tax deductible BTW and they also gave us the Right to carry ruling in ILL

and

Gun Owners of America

Depending on what happens on Friday will determine if I send the NRA a donation... it will be the first time in nearly 10 years I've sent them a penny. I'm tired of being stabbed in the back by them. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong, but given their track record, I'm not hopeful.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    If they cave and succumb to media and public pressure..... It is very possible I will contact them to remove me from their life membership status. Stand your ground fools....

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Grand... I hope they offer to develop a training program for teachers who volunteer to be armed.

I know of one Elementary Teacher at the school my daughter attends who has already asked his Principle to explore giving him permission to arm himself at the school.

All of this talk of compromise is so far off base in resolving this crime its frightening.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Some of you read the brief NRA release and you conclude that it says they are ready to "cave?" Where can you find that in their statement?

Some of you really need to quit looking for something to whine about and wait until there's a real reason to do so. Unlike 1994, we control The House in 2013. NOTHING is going to happen to you or your gun rights. Nothing. All that is happening now is pandering for the media cameras. The politicians want to look like they care. That's all.

Everyone needs to take a dose of maturity and calm down.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Some of you read the brief NRA release and you conclude that it says they are ready to "cave?" Where can you find that in their statement?

How about how they've handled themselves in the past? The same way we knew brady campaign would trample the bodies of slain children to get what they want. A track record of doing such things.

Now I said "I hope I'm wrong" because the tide of gun owners has shifted more "black rifle" than back in 1994.

The nra is about money, first and foremost. They will go with whatever nets them the most money. It's their MO and has been for for the past few decades. Some of us have just woken up to the fact.

Again, I hope the nra does the right thing this time but I'm not hopeful. They have a dismal track record.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    They're being respectful of the families involved by waiting. This is more than can be said for the anti-gun crowd.

The left is never misses an opportunity to exploit any death for their own purposes, military, civilian, or otherwise. Frankly, it's despicable.[/QUOTE]

DISCLAIMER: I did not read the NRA statement and won't.
    But this is why we will lose. The NRA is "playing the high moral ground" and we are in a war with the antis. In war there is only one rule: survive!

And the NRA does not have the balls to take the fight to the enemy.
    censored.gif
    censored.gif
    !

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    This is interesting. I am just getting back into shooting after a 20 year absence(talk about bad timing!:)). Back then I was an annual NRA member and it seemed like most firearms enthusiast's were.

I am surprised to hear the negative comments. Aren't they a powerful lobby group that protects our rights? Do these other organizations being mentioned have enough political clout to get an ear to listen to them? Can they put pressure on elected officials to vote in support of gun enthusiasts?

I was thinking of joining the NRA and probably still will since I may join a local club which requires membership, but I would like to know if this is just forum opinion or is the NRA really that bad that even 2nd amendment gun nuts are ready to turn their back on them.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I would like to hear the expert opinion of someone in marketing. Is there anyone on here that makes their money in marketing and media work?

My problem is that I am not an expert so my opinion is based on guesswork and conjecture, which isn't at all helpful here.

I would guess / think that the NRA is simply trying to wait for the emotion and the wave of media frenzy to die down before making a statement. This would make what the NRA is doing a good thing, because we don't want to be callous and unsympathetic to everyone who has been devastated by this tragic event.

However, I also know that media cycles are fast moving and a funny thing. IF the NRA doesn't get their butt in gear and move loudly and forcefully into this media event it will miss its opportunity to have its voice heard.

In reality it has already missed this opportunity as I understand it. So my question is: Has the NRA tried to do the right thing and screwed up OR has the NRA tactically planned to try to create / control the next news cycle?

Regards,

Doug

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Do these other organizations being mentioned have enough political clout to get an ear to listen to them?

The two Illinois court case wins were both due to the SAF. Chicago residents can own handguns again. Concealed carry in ILL. will be legal in less than 6 months, how is that for powerful? Not to mention that the Heller decision was due to the direct briefs from the SAF and GOA.

They, not the nra, are getting the job done.

Top Bottom