• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Are they manufactured before may of 1986? 922 (o) is pretty clear on that, no? They would have to repeal Hughes or offer an amnesty to redefine them as machineguns and move them to the NFA.

I'm assuming they can amend it, just like any act.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Oregon: More gun control already signed into law

Florida
    : More gun control already signed into law

Illinois, New York, California: More gun control is working it's way through the house and senate of each state and is setup to be signed into law

Many other states are also dealing with more gun control legislation, but at this time it is difficult to determine what will and will not pass given the current anti-gun environment.

National: More gun control without the need to sign it into law

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-bumpstocks/justice-department-files-regulation-to-ban-bump-stocks-idUSKCN1GM0JN

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/03/10/doj-moves-outlaw-bump-stocks-making-them-illegal-own-sell/413237002/

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/10/department-of-justice-moves-to-ban-bump-stocks-classifying-them-as-machine-guns-under-federal-law.html

When I questioned the NRA's statement of "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations" I was disparaged, called all sorts of unrepeatable names, called a traitor to the 2nd amendment for not supporting the NRA, and told I was too stupid to realize that the NRA and President Trump were playing 4D chess.

Almost all of the legislation that is being proposed does not ever mention bump stocks. It only mentions anything that can increase the rate of your gun...with no further definitions. In the hands of a future anti-gun administration, that could be reinterpreted as anything. Just look how the "Sporting Purpose" clause has been abused and misused since it was written into the 1968 Gun Control Act. This is the same exact thing.

Now we are going to get national regulation through an unelected and unaccountable beurocrat. And once this happens, any anti-gun administration in the future will have free reign on banning whatever they want using the same exact process.

Was the NRA really playing 4D chess? Are you sure? There is no doubt in your mind at all???

Looks to me like the NRA is selling out gun rights because they are only interested in saving bolt action rifles and pump shotguns. In my opinion, if they are not willing to protect ALL of the 2nd amendment, they they are not protecting any of it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Was the NRA really playing 4D chess? Are you sure? There is no doubt in your mind at all???

Looks to me like the NRA is selling out gun rights because they are only interested in saving bolt action rifles and pump shotguns. In my opinion, if they are not willing to protect ALL of the 2nd amendment, they they are not protecting any of it.

Then why has the NRA already filed a lawsuit in FL?

NRA files lawsuit saying Florida gun bill approved by Gov. Scott violates 2nd Amendment | Fox News

I can't find the actual suit yet, and the media is contradictory (shocking) and what all in the bill is being challenged...but I don't see anyone else stepping up yet.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Then why has the NRA already filed a lawsuit in FL?

NRA files lawsuit saying Florida gun bill approved by Gov. Scott violates 2nd Amendment | Fox News

I can't find the actual suit yet, and the media is contradictory (shocking) and what all in the bill is being challenged...but I don't see anyone else stepping up yet.

If fairness, from what we know now, worddoer was, I think, bemoaning the NRA's and the Trump administration's move on bump stocks primarily and the NRA suit in Florida appears to be concerned with the age limits.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump administration takes first step to ban bump stocks | TheHill

“The Department of Justice has submitted to the Office of Management and Budget a notice of a proposed regulation to clarify that the National Firearms and Gun Control Act defines ‘machinegun’ to include bump stock type devices,” Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in a statement.

The Department of Justice (DOJ) submitted a notice of a regulation regarding the definition of "machinegun" in the National Firearms Act and Gun Control Act and proposing to include "bump stock type devices, and that federal law accordingly prohibits the possession, sale, or manufacture of such devices."

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Look at all the anti-gun groups and their rallies.
    They are all blaming the NRA, it tells you the NRA is doing a good job protecting your gun rights.

nra-gun-violence-protest-Getty.jpg

They never protest against any other 2A organization because other groups don't do as much to protect the second amendment.

All the politicians who would like to ban all evil looking guns like the AR-15 always blame the NRA for getting in the way.

That tells you they're doing their job.

Nikolas-Cruz-Florida-school-shooting.jpg

See? "Stop giving money to the NRA so that we can pass new laws to ban your guns".
    It's what that picture is clearly saying.

ir-4PDHi89Y-VTim.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If fairness, from what we know now, worddoer was, I think, bemoaning the NRA's and the Trump administration's move on bump stocks primarily and the NRA suit in Florida appears to be concerned with the age limits.

I've seen it both ways in different media accounts, which is why I worded it as I did. They may/may not be challenging bump stocks. The notion they aren't protecting the 2nd isn't holding water either way. Who else is stepping up?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've seen it both ways in different media accounts, which is why I worded it as I did. They may/may not be challenging bump stocks. The notion they aren't protecting the 2nd isn't holding water either way. Who else is stepping up?

You've seen sources I haven't. The only ones I've seen seem to indicate they're approaching the age thing as a violation of the 2A. I hope you're right. I hope they wind up fighting the bump stock thing after their earlier apparent green light of reconsideration.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They are all blaming the NRA, it tells you the NRA is doing a good job protecting your gun rights.

They never protest against any other 2A organization because other groups don't do as much to protect the second amendment.

All the politicians who would like to ban all evil looking guns like the AR-15 always blame the NRA for getting in the way.

See? "Stop giving money to the NRA so that we can pass new laws to ban your guns".

That doesn't mean a whole lot really. The NRA is just the boogieman for this issue. It's the most well-known, and probably the easiest to fashion into a straw monster. Being bashed by anti-gun zealots isn't strong evidence that the NRA is doing what gun owners want it to do. The anti-gun zealots constantly over-report the NRA's money and influence. They claim it's the manufacturers' money that goes into the NRA's efforts to stifle gun control efforts.

I think after Sandy Hook the NRA played a big role in staving off infringements to the 2A. But really, it's the community of gun owners constantly writing politicians that protected the the 2A after Sandy Hook, which I think made a big impact. I'm not trying to diminish the NRA's role. But a lot of 2A folks who aren't NRA members, participated in the barrage of letters, emails, and phone calls to congress.

The problem with the NRA is the same problem that any representative has when representing a fairly diverse group. They don't protect the 2A to everyone's satisfaction. For some they protect too much, for others they don't protect enough. I join year-by-year. If they've done their job to mysatisfaction, I re-up. They have to earn my support each year.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, **** the people who have them now.

If this goes through, his supporters (or those who voted for him) will be in a rock and a hard place. You've stated before, like many others, you wouldn't vote for the most of the alternatives, coming from the Democrats... I suspect this won't change much, in terms of support.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm always amused at the claims that the NRA buys legislation with big money. While none of us will ever really know the rankings of pay to play in dc because of all the big law/lobby firms doing what they get paid to do quietly, I would imagine that NRA "money" is way down the list. Organized votes on a single issue are where it's dc strength lies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If this goes through, his supporters (or those who voted for him) will be in a rock and a hard place. You've stated before, like many others, you wouldn't vote for the most of the alternatives, coming from the Democrats... I suspect this won't change much, in terms of support.

You can gloat and celwbrate later. For now please call and write Congress and the white house and the ATF please

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm always amused at the claims that the NRA buys legislation with big money. While none of us will ever really know the rankings of pay to play in dc because of all the big law/lobby firms doing what they get paid to do quietly, I would imagine that NRA "money" is way down the list. Organized votes on a single issue are where it's dc strength lies.
    Not really a secret.

Here is the list of the top clients last year. The NRA isn't even close. They spent $5,122,000 last year.

Lobbying Client Total
    US Chamber of Commerce $82,190,000
    National Assn of Realtors $54,530,861
    Business Roundtable $27,380,000
    Pharmaceutical Research $25,847,500
    Blue Cross/Blue Shield $24,330,306
    American Hospital Assn $22,074,214
    American Medical Assn $21,535,000
    Alphabet Inc $18,150,000
    AT&T Inc $16,780,000
    Boeing Co $16,740,000
    Open Society Policy Center $16,110,000
    DowDuPont $15,877,520
    National Assn of Broadc $15,460,000
    Comcast Corp $15,310,000
    Lockheed Martin $14,464,290
    Amazon.com $13,000,000
    Southern Co $12,970,000
    National Retail Federation $12,890,000
    NCTA The Internet & Tele $12,790,000
    Oracle Corp $12,385,000

https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/top.php?showYear=2017&indexType=s

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009

That doesn't mean a whole lot really. The NRA is just the boogieman for this issue. It's the most well-known, and probably the easiest to fashion into a straw monster. Being bashed by anti-gun zealots isn't strong evidence that the NRA is doing what gun owners want it to do. The anti-gun zealots constantly over-report the NRA's money and influence. They claim it's the manufacturers' money that goes into the NRA's efforts to stifle gun control efforts.

Like Jamil said, the NRA is the easiest boogieman. It doesn't mean the NRA is protecting anything.

I wouldn't use Anti gunners to ID the most effective pro 2A organization. They can't even tell the difference between a GLOCK, a bolt action rifle, a GP100, or a M249. To them, it's all GLOCKs and Full Auto Semiautomatic Assault Weapons. It's also all NRA.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

If we end up with gun control via EO, and Trump signs an AWB, there’s nonway in hell I’m voting for that mother****er again. I don’t vote for anti-gun zealots.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    If we end up with gun control via EO, and Trump signs an AWB, there’s nonway in hell I’m voting for that mother****er again. I don’t vote for anti-gun zealots.

Oh, I doubt that. After all, you have stated the "choice for potus is indeed a binary choice".

All that would have to be done is convince you that Trump is less evil than the other candidate of the "binary pair". Given your stated position, I expect you would then vote for him. Perhaps you would rationalize the action claiming it a "vote for the "lesser evil"; be it a vote for evil nonetheless.

:)

Top Bottom