• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Jdmack79 giving me negative rep because you disagree and think a bump stock is your unalienable right is laughable at best, good luck proving that one.

Please refer to my comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    My position is that while I don't care about bump fire stocks, what happens when it is something I care about? Everything needs to be fought by EVERYONE because that's part of the reason we are in many of the positions we are in. People say "well I don't care about that" so I'm not going to do anything, but when I do now that's a different story... That is a huge part of the problem!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    You just proved my point with the "what's next argument"

If you can't embrace change you're going to have a hard time living in the United States of America.

care to open a history book or open a web browser and see how we this contry has changed over the past couple hundred years.

Gee, I've only been living for 40+ years. Country certainly has changed, but i definitely wouldn't say for the better! The douchebaggery is getting pretty deep here. Maybe this will make you feel better. You win a participation trophy.....and a cookie too!dontfeed

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    Nope. I think we should be equal to our "betters." I think everyone should have access to them.

But when it comes to established (bull****) laws... we need to make good faith when it comes to arguing this stuff.

I would consider adhering to the letter of the law to be good faith. Anything else is too subjective.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I haven't read this whole thread yet. I've shot with a bump stock once so I know how it shoots.

I'll have to ponder this for a bit. I see both sides of the argument.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    It's truly a win-win here. Bump stock meet the legal definition to avoid being a banned device. Administrative BATFE will pronounce them legal to own and use. NRA and President Trump can declare they have had an "open mind". Win-Win.

On the other hand, I am a little sick that EVIL, MENTALLY ILL creeps can still mis-use them.......

SteelersFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Muncie
    So do we ban firearms that can be bump fired without any special accessories?

[video=youtube;bD213VW6WjY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD213VW6WjY[/video]

SteelersFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Muncie
    It's truly a win-win here. Bump stock meet the legal definition to avoid being a banned device. Administrative BATFE will pronounce them legal to own and use. NRA and President Trump can declare they have had an "open mind". Win-Win.

On the other hand, I am a little sick that EVIL, MENTALLY ILL creeps can still mis-use them.......
    That was my thinking until I thought about the part where they want to regulate bump stocks.

"In the aftermath of the evil and senseless attack in Las Vegas, the American people are looking for answers as to how future tragedies can be prevented. Unfortunately, the first response from some politicians has been to call for more gun control. Banning guns from law-abiding Americans based on the criminal act of a madman will do nothing to prevent future attacks. This is a fact that has been proven time and again in countries across the world. In Las Vegas, reports indicate that certain devices were used to modify the firearms involved. Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations. In an increasingly dangerous world, the NRA remains focused on our mission: strengthening Americans' Second Amendment freedom to defend themselves, their families and their communities. To that end, on behalf of our five million members across the country, we urge Congress to pass National Right-to-Carry reciprocity, which will allow law-abiding Americans to defend themselves and their families from acts of violence."

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would consider adhering to the letter of the law to be good faith. Anything else is too subjective.

This is really my stance on it... Liberals + Apolitical people are going to look at bumpfire accessories as a loophole. We need to, in good faith, not fight tooth-and-nail on this.

I care about our public image first and foremost. If we get out there fighting and "not one inch"ing this... we'll look like extremists, and hurt ourselves in the future.

Bumpstock **** ain't worth it, fellas.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The strength of the US is drawn from the incredibly resilient and ever pertinent language of our Constitution which, in part, protects our right to "....keep and bear arms". In the unlikely event that bump fire stocks where to end up in front of the Supreme Court, I am fairly confident they would find them reasonable to regulate and that such regulation would not infringe upon the fore mentioned right.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Bump stocks are getting way too much credit for this massacre............. The real credit goes to the guy Paddock. And we have yet to learn about his mental health.......
    Speaker of the House, Paul Ryan called for mental health solutions. So maybe when we learn a little more......... everyone can feel like this can not happen again......
    and I think that's everyone's goal ...............

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Jdmack79 giving me negative rep because you disagree and think a bump stock is your unalienable right is laughable at best, good luck proving that one.

Please refer to my comment.

Wouldn't worry about it. INGO has no forum administrator (as far as anyone can tell) that cares to fix it.

Rep means nothing.

(Yes, that's a slight at the very low-profile forum admins that don't seem to care much about the suggestions subforum. Administering this **** ain't hard. Did it for years.)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Bump stocks are getting way too much credit for this massacre............. The real credit goes to the guy Paddock. And we have yet to learn about his mental health.......
    Speaker of the House, Paul Ryan called for mental health solutions. So maybe when we learn a little more......... everyone can feel like this can not happen again......

It's well earned. I disagree that if the weapon had been SA, the body count could have been similar.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    This is really my stance on it... Liberals + Apolitical people are going to look at bumpfire accessories as a loophole. We need to, in good faith, not fight tooth-and-nail on this.

I care about our public image first and foremost. If we get out there fighting and "not one inch"ing this... we'll look like extremists, and hurt ourselves in the future.

Bumpstock **** ain't worth it, fellas.

I'm a handgun/shotgun shooter and don't own an AR-15. I honestly couldn't care less if they ban bump stocks. However, this isn't really about bump stocks. It's about the same thing it's always about, freedom vs ever encroaching government.

Again, the point I made earlier in the thread is that every reason anyone can give to ban/regulate bump stocks can be used to ban/regulate 10+ round magazines, or a myriad of other things.

As far as opinions of liberals or apolitical people, I think it would be better to try and educate them (apolitical) or fight them (liberals). Or, we can give up and hope for the best, which would be a misplaced hope if history is any guide.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Bump stocks are not the cause.......... Reports are that 12 guns in his room had bump stocks and all 12 were "jammed". He only fired for 10 minutes total. Whole thing could have been much much worse if he actually got them going for the 70 minutes window..........
    go back a few posts and look at steelerfan's video of bump firing an AR-15 without any devices ..................... gave me chills..........to my core

here is the link to youtube: https://youtu.be/bD213VW6WjY

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

When's the last time the media/left/whatever blamed a person for his/her action?? It is always the fault of someTHING. Like my wife said, the first law they should pass is to make murder illegal....

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm a handgun/shotgun shooter and don't own an AR-15. I honestly couldn't care less if they ban bump stocks. However, this isn't really about bump stocks. It's about the same thing it's always about, freedom vs ever encroaching government.

Again, the point I made earlier in the thread is that every reason anyone can give to ban/regulate bump stocks can be used to ban/regulate 10+ round magazines, or a myriad of other things.

As far as opinions of liberals or apolitical people, I think it would be better to try and educate them (apolitical) or fight them (liberals). Or, we can give up and hope for the best, which would be a misplaced hope if history is any guide.

I just feel like this fight has an inevitable end. I can't see it worth our effort. Dunno.

So you don't think he could have killed just as many people by taking an extra second between shots and actually aiming?

I'm super curious how long he fired before knowing he was "landing" in the crowd. From that distance, it had to be difficult to tell if people were being hit.

Top Bottom